Author Topic: SFD capability now added to OBD Eleven app  (Read 9116 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: SFD capability now added to OBD Eleven app
« Reply #10 on: 12 November 2021, 15:16 »
Wonder if they’ll all more apps. Like an option to switch the light bar off and rear drls…

All of what you could possibly do is visible...

Rear drl if you really desire it (it's less safe...) is possible, light bar is not.
What's less safe abour rear DRL activation as I have this activated and struggle to understand why its not standard?

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/topics/vehicles/daytime_running_lights_en
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 12 November 2021, 20:27 »
Wonder if they’ll all more apps. Like an option to switch the light bar off and rear drls…

All of what you could possibly do is visible...

Rear drl if you really desire it (it's less safe...) is possible, light bar is not.
What's less safe abour rear DRL activation as I have this activated and struggle to understand why its not standard?

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/topics/vehicles/daytime_running_lights_en
Thanks for that. I’ve have to be given my last rites to be bored enough to read through all that !!! :grin:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 12 November 2021, 21:07 »
Basically rear drl's are more likely to cause someone to run up your bum than not having them on.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 12 November 2021, 21:50 »
What does one need to get OBD11 to work these days? On an iPhone / iOS specifically?

I bought an OBD11 Dongle years ago when I had a MK7 and back then it was Android only. Do I need to get a new OBD11 dongle?

Yes. The new obd11 - next gen I think it’s called/ is iOS compatible

Are you sure?

I'd imagine that if you have the original dongle with a pro license, you'd have access. Thought the newer dongle was to work with marques beyond the VAG group and use with an Apple phone.

The official Spiel a few posts back says "all OBDEleven Pro, Ultimate and one click users can unlock the SFD protection without any cost".
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 12 November 2021, 22:41 »
What does one need to get OBD11 to work these days? On an iPhone / iOS specifically?

I bought an OBD11 Dongle years ago when I had a MK7 and back then it was Android only. Do I need to get a new OBD11 dongle?

Are you sure?

I'd imagine that if you have the original dongle with a pro license, you'd have access. Thought the newer dongle was to work with marques beyond the VAG group and use with an Apple phone.

The official Spiel a few posts back says "all OBDEleven Pro, Ultimate and one click users can unlock the SFD protection without any cost".

I’m afraid I only have a very basic understanding of these things, so I’m struggling to understand your question 😂
I was responding to Joe’s question as to whether the new obd11 dongle can be used with an iPhone- yes it can.
As for the old one, my understanding was it was android only.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 13 November 2021, 08:18 »
Yeah I just noticed that too!

Map in aid unlock here I come!
Doe this mean we can have map where the clocks are Fred…?  also as I have no idea how to do will I be able to get my VW dealer to do it for me..?

:grin: :grin:
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 13 November 2021, 08:37 »

Doe this mean we can have map where the clocks are Fred…?  also as I have no idea how to do will I be able to get my VW dealer to do it for me..?

Yes it does and I've done mine. Looks great!

Dont think a dealer would touch it, maybe a forum member near you might help you though.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 13 November 2021, 12:12 »
Feel free to start your own YouTube channel Fred then we can learn from you!
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 13 November 2021, 17:10 »

Are you sure?

I’m afraid I only have a very basic understanding of these things, so I’m struggling to understand your question 😂
I was responding to Joe’s question as to whether the new obd11 dongle can be used with an iPhone- yes it can.
As for the old one, my understanding was it was android only.
yes that's correct. First gen obd is Android only and next gen is both Android and iPhone although a lot still doesn't work with an iphone.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Megy_CS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 14 November 2021, 08:58 »

Yes it does and I've done mine. Looks great!

Dont think a dealer would touch it, maybe a forum member near you might help you though.

Which option is it that does this please? I want to do it on mind too