Author Topic: MK7 GTI Misfire - Please Help!  (Read 3705 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Misfire - Please Help!
« Reply #10 on: 11 November 2021, 11:13 »
Can you try hooking up a data tracking app or computer for a few days to collect values on what's happening? Might be able to tell you a bit more.

It's definitely the strangest case I've read about, as you've done everything that should have fixed it at this point.

Have you changed the fuel filter lately could be something contaminating the fuel?
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 11 November 2021, 12:39 »
knock sensor?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline White_7gti

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 11 November 2021, 14:00 »
Could it be a fuel pressure problem? Clutching at straws now as all the usual checks and more seem to have been done.

Again these have been checked and HPFP was leaking so replaced with the latest revision. No difference..

Genuinely at the point of burning it  :cry:

Offline White_7gti

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 11 November 2021, 14:03 »
Can you try hooking up a data tracking app or computer for a few days to collect values on what's happening? Might be able to tell you a bit more.

It's definitely the strangest case I've read about, as you've done everything that should have fixed it at this point.

Have you changed the fuel filter lately could be something contaminating the fuel?

The car has been on VCDS for a whole day with the tuning company who checked everything let it idle, drove it about basically put it in all real life scenarios and nothing seemed odd.

It was then with a local reputable garage who double checked everything and still nothing they could really point at.

Fuel filter no this has not been done. I was under the impression the in tank filter is for the life of the vehicle. 

Offline White_7gti

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 11 November 2021, 14:05 »
knock sensor?

Any way to test this? As no code for this since the issue started 

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 11 November 2021, 14:31 »

The car has been on VCDS for a whole day with the tuning company who checked everything let it idle, drove it about basically put it in all real life scenarios and nothing seemed odd.

It was then with a local reputable garage who double checked everything and still nothing they could really point at.

Fuel filter no this has not been done. I was under the impression the in tank filter is for the life of the vehicle.

You're thinking of the fuel sock, the fuel filter is serviceable item.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 11 November 2021, 14:58 »

You're thinking of the fuel sock, the fuel filter is serviceable item.
That is news to me. I was under the impression the fuel filter is part of the LP fuel pump (under the rear seats) and to replace the filter would require replacement of the pump? AFAIA, there is no service interval for this item as per the GTi maintenance schedule. Open to correction if wrong. :rolleyes:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 11 November 2021, 15:08 »
Having read theough the previous posts, i didn't notice any reference to mileage and type of use. Could it be the car needs an "Italian tune up" to clear it out?
You seem to have been thorough up to now, nothing comes to mind that you haven't tried. Hope you get the issue resolved.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 11 November 2021, 15:27 »
That is news to me. I was under the impression the fuel filter is part of the LP fuel pump (under the rear seats) and to replace the filter would require replacement of the pump? AFAIA, there is no service interval for this item as per the GTi maintenance schedule. Open to correction if wrong. :rolleyes:

Apologies my mistake apparently the Mk7 GTI doesn't have a serviceable one. 

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 11 November 2021, 15:31 »

Apologies my mistake apparently the Mk7 GTI doesn't have a serviceable one.
No bother, it might be something the OP might consider changing or at least inspecting seeing as all the usual culprits have been ruled out.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox