Author Topic: Milltek or RPM performance cat back system  (Read 808 times)

Offline Shavou

• Just got here
Milltek or RPM performance cat back system
« on: 28 October 2021, 11:34 »
Looking for an exhaust sound upgrade on my GTI TCR.

I am torn between the Milltek non resonated cat back or the RPM Performance non resonated.

Milltek is roughly £300 more expensive which is not an issue providing is a better system?

https://www.millteksport.com/catalog/product/view/id/15020/s/non-resonated-cat-back-exhaust-system-ssxvw464/category/849/

https://www.rpmperformances.co.uk/product-page/vw-golf-gti-mk8-2-0-tsi-20-gpf-back-exhaust-system

I really like the RPM as it only comes with an anti drone resonator and no silencers whereas the Milltek comes with a small silencer and no resonator.

Any experience with either on GTI with gpf filter? I’m looking at sound improvement without being silly, just to enjoy deeper tones really.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: Milltek or RPM performance cat back system
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2021, 17:49 »
Looks like the RPM system you linked to is for the Mk8 - they also don't look to list a cat back for the Mk 7.5 either.

Had a Milltek cat back on my 2014 GTI PP and was very impressed with it.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2021, 09:53 »
Try bcs, Milltek are awfull quality and sound.
Mk7 GTI Edition 40 Clubsport no. 53

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2021, 16:49 »
As above I would skip Miltek, My friend ordered one the same time I got my Remus backbox and he had to send his back because one of the hangers was at least an Inch out of place. I have an RPM Res delete and the quality is very good.