Author Topic: New guy just joined!  (Read 975 times)

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
New guy just joined!
« on: 26 August 2021, 16:08 »
Afternoon all.

I picked up a lovely 18 plate Tornado Red manual, G.T.I. last week.  Really loving it so far, 5 door manual...I previously had an automatic  C Class Merc.........so this is very different! Much more fun though! Im no spring chicken either! As I retired last year at the age of 60! Will be looking at the forums regularly to pick up info advice tips etc.

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: New guy just joined!
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2021, 09:10 »
Welcome Marley. Hope you continue to enjoy the gti. I am no spring chicken either! Retired 8 years ago and still enjoying my two gti - mk6 and mk7.5. I have found lots of useful info and help on the forum  over the years.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2021, 19:50 »
Nice Marley!

Good colour for a GTI 👍
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2021, 19:00 »
Welcome Marley. Hope you continue to enjoy the gti. I am no spring chicken either! Retired 8 years ago and still enjoying my two gti - mk6 and mk7.5. I have found lots of useful info and help on the forum  over the years.

Ah good to know!  My friends say its a "boy racer" car...I tell them they are missing out by driving their boring cars!

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2021, 19:02 »
Nice Marley!

Good colour for a GTI 👍
I said to myself years ago, I will never buy another red car.........BUT! This one looked great in red...to be fair, I liked the  seats (art velour?) and the alloys (sevilla?)..the fact it was in Tornado red, was a bonus!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2021, 22:59 »
Welcome Marley and congrats on being able to retire at 60  :cool:
Owning a GTI to zip around in is a great way to start retirement!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner