Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 82703 times)

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #360 on: 16 October 2021, 12:26 »
I was told by my dealer that my Golf R Mk8 had commenced build on Week 36.  But build is still not complete yet.  I was told bacause I had a lot of options on it, the cause of delay might be the chip shortages for specific options I have configured.  My dealer is unsure when the car will be finished and shipped?  They have also told me that the lead times for orders placed for Performance Golfs has been extended from what it was and any orders placed a few months ago are being estimated for delivery next year now.  So watch this space I guess....  But the real bummer is I now have to spend out cash on a Service as I had carefully timed to order/delivery time (several months) well before I needed a Service, but now the Service is due and there is no sign of my new car.  May have to call my dealer to see if I have to service the car on this occasion with the current situation of my order?

My car was confirmed BW30 so it’s been in the process for 11/12 weeks. Each build is different and who knows if the 10 week delay to mine was average, whether this is improving or getting worse. Hopefully things are getting better.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #361 on: 16 October 2021, 13:06 »
Build complete and en route to Emden.  :smiley:

Hopefully be here pre Christmas!

Excellent news for you.  Hope Santa delivers it safely.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #362 on: 16 October 2021, 17:38 »
My car was originally bw27. Didn’t enter production until week 30 and wasn’t released for shipping until week 36-37.
This process used to take days rather than weeks in normal times.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #363 on: 22 October 2021, 15:49 »
My girlfriend is not a car lover, but regardless, she’s had her painting stuff out today and surprised me with this since my CS45 is delayed.

Bless her.

Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #364 on: 22 October 2021, 16:15 »
My girlfriend is not a car lover, but regardless, she’s had her painting stuff out today and surprised me with this since my CS45 is delayed.

Bless her.

Ha nice one.... Send it to Wolfsburg they can stick it on the wall as I think they've forgotten what they're supposed to be building.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #365 on: 23 October 2021, 14:52 »
The day has finally arrived and it’s everything I expected it to be.  :kiss:

Would you be able to tell me if the graphics (45) etc are matte or gloss finish?

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #366 on: 23 October 2021, 16:57 »

Bless her.

I think it's nicer than the actual car  :smiley:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #367 on: 25 October 2021, 13:31 »
Update on my personal order progress to give others an idea of what is happening.  My Golf R Mk8 currently on order was advised as having commenced build on wk36 a few times afterward, whenever i called my dealer to enquire about the progress... then today 25/10/21 when i called to enquire about the progress of the build, my dealer advised the car was actually now suppose to go in to build this week??  But this was not what i had been advised previously on multiple occasions.  The current climate and situation with pandemic, shortages etc, has caused VW to become more vague than they were before the pandemic.  I am happy to wait as long as it takes, but some accurate information on my cars build progress would be appreciated.  However i suspect most car manufacturers  are being just as vague at times.  So i will just have to sit and wait to see if i get a phone call sometime in the next year or two to say my car has arrived  :grin:
« Last Edit: 25 October 2021, 14:18 by Brenbo »

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #368 on: 25 October 2021, 14:05 »
So its not in build or it is? Mine was wk 46 but now week 10. Not an ED45 though. They seem to have been prioritised
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #369 on: 25 October 2021, 14:21 »
All i can say is i dunno?? As i am now confused on a higher level :huh: