Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 82696 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #350 on: 08 October 2021, 17:08 »
Three words: build week 5.

What was your previous build week King Monkey?

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #351 on: 08 October 2021, 18:44 »

I feel your pain. Mines still at build week 3, doesn’t look to be coming forward.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline PareshV

• Not said much yet
« Reply #352 on: 08 October 2021, 19:21 »

What was your previous build week King Monkey?

That's surprising as mine was originally week 42 and moved to confirmed week 36. I'm sure you ordered before me too.
Ordered: CS45, Pearl White, DCC, Harmon Kardon, Front Winter Seats

Offline Pelmiester

• Just got here
« Reply #353 on: 14 October 2021, 10:41 »
More problems with vw... Just in case anyone wanted an order update, we're having to wait on that too, just got this from thier online help:

"We would love to help with an order update however we're unable to provide this at the moment as our tracker is showing incorrect order information. Factory and IT are currently resolving this. Please check in with us next week."

Offline craigmalcs85

• Just got here
« Reply #354 on: 14 October 2021, 11:49 »
Just got an update on my progress from the dealer.

Order at end of August, and its scheduled provisionally for Buildweek 10.
On Order - Golf GTi CS Edition 45 (Kings Red)
Current - BMW M135i xDrive
Previous - Mk7 Golf R, Mk3 Focus ST, FN2 Civic Type R

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #355 on: 14 October 2021, 13:10 »
More problems with vw... Just in case anyone wanted an order update, we're having to wait on that too, just got this from thier online help:

"We would love to help with an order update however we're unable to provide this at the moment as our tracker is showing incorrect order information. Factory and IT are currently resolving this. Please check in with us next week."

I’ve been waiting 3 weeks for an accurate order update from the dealership for my standard CS. This must be the reason why they just can’t give me an answer. Build week was meant to be 35 and delivery on the first week of November but they have no idea where my car is.
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #356 on: 14 October 2021, 17:30 »
So i ordered June was told bw 36 and that has passed. I did speak to my dealer last week who I’m was extremely helpful. He said the order is confirmed with the factory and the car will be made, however what they are finding now is that they wont be told anymore until the car is ready for delivery to the UK or later when its arrived at the ports. He said its the same with everything they are ordering in fact he further added performance golf’s now if you order it’s likely to be a 12 month delivery time. I think we all must understand these are weird times we are in. FYI that ex press 45 which was sold at auction in the posts we had recently was being sold by VW Robinsons in Norwich for £47K plus and has now gone! Demand is there for sure.

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #357 on: 14 October 2021, 18:08 »
So i ordered June was told bw 36 and that has passed. I did speak to my dealer last week who I’m was extremely helpful. He said the order is confirmed with the factory and the car will be made, however what they are finding now is that they wont be told anymore until the car is ready for delivery to the UK or later when its arrived at the ports. He said its the same with everything they are ordering in fact he further added performance golf’s now if you order it’s likely to be a 12 month delivery time. I think we all must understand these are weird times we are in. FYI that ex press 45 which was sold at auction in the posts we had recently was being sold by VW Robinsons in Norwich for £47K plus and has now gone! Demand is there for sure.

This makes sense. I work for a company who brings products in to the U.K. from Europe, our supplier ships them to us and give us a delivery date and it’s usually bang on time but what’s happening now (for the last 2 weeks) is usually on the day we’re expecting delivery our supplier phones us to say it’s not coming and they’re not sure when it’s going to be with us.

We’re being told the problem is getting the containers picked up at our ports. They have no problems getting it to the boats in Europe but getting it off at our side due to the HGV driver shortage is a nightmare. Sounds like VW have a similar problem which is making it impossible to tell dealers/customers when their car is going to be delivered.
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #358 on: 16 October 2021, 11:24 »
Build complete and en route to Emden.  :smiley:

Hopefully be here pre Christmas!
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #359 on: 16 October 2021, 11:45 »
I was told by my dealer that my Golf R Mk8 had commenced build on Week 36.  But build is still not complete yet.  I was told bacause I had a lot of options on it, the cause of delay might be the chip shortages for specific options I have configured.  My dealer is unsure when the car will be finished and shipped?  They have also told me that the lead times for orders placed for Performance Golfs has been extended from what it was and any orders placed a few months ago are being estimated for delivery next year now.  So watch this space I guess....  But the real bummer is I now have to spend out cash on a Service as I had carefully timed to order/delivery time (several months) well before I needed a Service, but now the Service is due and there is no sign of my new car.  May have to call my dealer to see if I have to service the car on this occasion with the current situation of my order?

« Last Edit: 16 October 2021, 11:47 by Brenbo »