Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 100258 times)

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #240 on: 16 July 2021, 10:25 »

Hi BJBanny,

I couldn't help but notice the red paddle extentions in your photo - where did you get those and how do you fix them?  I'm ready to order!!

Bill
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #241 on: 16 July 2021, 18:42 »

Hi BJBanny,

I couldn't help but notice the red paddle extentions in your photo - where did you get those and how do you fix them?  I'm ready to order!!

Bill
Hi Bill
I got it from alibaba. They are stick on. U can check full picture of it here https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=62263;area=showposts;start=20
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #242 on: 16 July 2021, 18:51 »
I’m on 1803 and it’s getting progressively  worse with more issues appearing daily:

Reverse camera screen blank sometimes
Parking sensors not working
Speed signs showing kph
CarPlay black screen
Long start uptime and then  extremely laggy when switching between a screens and 3 second delay when pressing the CLIMA button.
Sat nav stuck on “loading”

It’s been to the dealer and they’ve said VW a know about the problems and aware working on an SW update, but they have no date for this yet, so basically I just have to live with it ! It’s utterly ridiculous
I immediately noticed some issue with my wirelessly phone connection but the speed warning is working at the moment.
I will advise you to do a complete system reboot and also reset the system to factory setting after the new software update but then you will Have to relogin as the main user as everything will be deleted.
This fix my little issues up till now and screen loading time is faster and no more intermittent breaking in music with wireless CarPlay
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #243 on: 16 July 2021, 22:30 »
Hi Bill
I got it from alibaba. They are stick on.

Thanks BJBanny.  I'm not the kind of guy who uses the paddles but they do look very smart.  I'd go for the black or grey option but it's good to know they stick OK.

Bill
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline Golf R owner

• Just got here
« Reply #244 on: 24 July 2021, 23:42 »
Evening all,  I’m new to this forum and would like some advice. I bought a Golf R on Thursday. Manufactured in March 2021.  It has software version 1788 and I’ve had the ‘Emergency Call Service is faulty’ warning come up twice, if I turn the car off then on again the infotainment system just says loading settings. It appears if I leave the car around 10-15 mins, it all works ok again. Also had the climate control functions not load properly twice, meaning I have no control over it.

Does this all sound familiar. I understand from reading these forums the latest update is 1803.  However, when I spoke to VW they told me there is no update for my vehicle at the moment. So they would need the car for 48 hours to run diagnostics.

It seems the issues I’ve had are quite small compared to issues some of you have had.

The question I have is whether it is worth getting VW to look at the issues I’ve had or wait until a meaningful update is released?

Thoughts please.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #245 on: 25 July 2021, 08:16 »
They will never simply upgrade the software, it's always got to be for a specific fault.

If you want to get them to try then tell them you get crashes of the infotainment system that means it's useless... That should do it.

Mine crashes too BTW...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Golf R owner

• Just got here
« Reply #246 on: 25 July 2021, 11:21 »
Ok, I’ll try that.

Does your climate control freeze/lose functionality too?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #247 on: 25 July 2021, 11:34 »
Does your climate control freeze/lose functionality too?

Not had that one yet, the main ones are the unlock on approach not working, the bluetooth failing to connect without intervention, the speed limit warnings randomly changing to off/different values and total system reboots.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Golf R owner

• Just got here
« Reply #248 on: 25 July 2021, 11:39 »
Pretty frustrating as I’ve only owned the car for 3 days. It drives like a dream, but these issues spoil the experience.

I’ll get on to VW again tomorrow to get it booked in. Hopefully they can offer a solution

Offline Golf R owner

• Just got here
« Reply #249 on: 25 July 2021, 14:18 »

Is this the latest software/hardware?