Author Topic: Bilt Hamber Alloy Wheel Cleaner  (Read 7421 times)

Offline Thedude74

• Not said much yet
Bilt Hamber Alloy Wheel Cleaner
« on: 28 January 2020, 10:38 »
I’ve been reading that Bilt Hamber is a top notch alloy wheel cleaner. I like to keep the alloys free from brake dust contamination so looking into buying some

Are there any reports of this product damaging alloy wheels and is it necessary to cover the centre hub/wheel bolt plastic covers in order to prevent damage? Also how often do people use it - every clean?

Just want to check how strong this stuff is as it sound potent!
Cheers

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
Re: Bilt Hamber Alloy Wheel Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2020, 12:24 »
Why not just treat the wheels with a good sealant like GTechiq C5 and wash them once a week using your normal bodywork shampoo?

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2020, 14:56 »
I’ve been reading that Bilt Hamber is a top notch alloy wheel cleaner. I like to keep the alloys free from brake dust contamination so looking into buying some

Are there any reports of this product damaging alloy wheels and is it necessary to cover the centre hub/wheel bolt plastic covers in order to prevent damage? Also how often do people use it - every clean?

Just want to check how strong this stuff is as it sound potent!
Cheers

It’s very safe to use on alloys and it’s a lot more sophisticated than the old hydrochloric acid based cleaners of the 90’s.

Use it once to fully decontaminate your alloys, you might need two or three hits if they haven’t been decon’d in a few months/years. Then, as Dr Mike Oxgreen said, apply a sealant to them so in future all you will need is a soft lambswool pad and soapy water.

Offline smak85

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2022, 21:25 »
I've used bilt hamber on my wheels - highly recommended  :smiley:

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2022, 08:47 »
I use Dragon's Breath every no an then followed by a waxing, never a problem.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.