Author Topic: Golf Cab Problem  (Read 1235 times)

Offline AndyF

• Not said much yet
Golf Cab Problem
« on: 12 October 2003, 20:56 »
Due to somebody helping them selves to my relays, my car will not start.  I have no idea where I should have relays or what ones go where.  My car is a 1989 G-plate. ???

Was wondering if anybody could give me any help at all.  ;)

I think I should either have a relay on the top row 2nd from the left or the one 3rd from the left is incorrect.

Many Thanks

Andy

Offline paynie26

• Just got here
Re:Golf Cab Problem
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2003, 19:28 »
Andy,

I have an F reg cab and i had a look at my relays today. All i found was that i had a relay No 62 above the 18. But you had some relays in places where i didn,t.
Hope this is of some help

Richard ;)

Offline AndyF

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2003, 23:14 »
Thanks Richard, ;)

I?ll track down a No 62 & give that a try.  Hopefully that will get her started.   :)

Out of interest what ones have you got mate, its just I think I have put some in unnecessarily.

Thanks again

Andy
« Last Edit: 25 October 2003, 23:18 by AndyF »

Offline m6m62

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 26 October 2003, 00:05 »
Bloody hell - some people will nick anything !

I think the top row, 2nd from left position is where the injection fuel pump relay goes. This is why it won't run. You can bodge it by connecting the two larger terminals with a piece of wire and a couple of male spade connectors. This should spark the fuel pump up. Don't leave it like this though as the pump will be going all the time.

I think this is right (it's what I'd try anyway), but if your car sets on fire or something, don't throw a brick through my window, OK  ;)

Good luck with it,

Mark