Author Topic: RED or BLACK  (Read 5314 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: RED or BLACK
« Reply #20 on: 25 September 2013, 21:42 »
Pics don't do TR justice. Once it's waxed it's such a deep red. But I am biased!  :laugh:

Where are these other pics you were going to post Mark?  :smiley:

I know! I'll do them tomorrow, didn't get back till late today and currently f7cked off as Liverpool are losing to the scum so not in the best of moods  :laugh:

Totally off subject but they don't deserve to lose this match. Been the far better team and Suarez is absolute class!

He is pure class - and he's not even fit! Didn't deserve to lose, Giggs should have been sent off for a second yellow, and the look on that (unt Moyes' face makes me want to punch the tele.

Sorry for going OT - aaaaaaand breathe  :laugh:

(I hate manUre so much  :angry:)
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #21 on: 25 September 2013, 22:46 »
Maybe this post will help with the Red ...

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=257669.msg2365262#msg2365262

Look at the last few pics also - close up of red
Rik
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 25 September 2013, 23:44 »
In most of the pics I find myself regretting not getting the red, but then I see the red in daylight and it looks pinkish. Then I think that the white looks amazing!

So I have no idea lol

Raw TR looks pinkish but once it's got some product on it's a hot red with an orange rather than pink hue.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 25 September 2013, 23:57 »
Very deep and hot red with a bit of product on - like Flash Red (Polo)  :cool: rather than Salsa Red (Scirocco)  :sick:

If you like cleaning your car every day and don't fear swirl marks then get the black. If you want a car that looks fantastic in all lighting and will stand up to being washed once a week as well as having good contrast with the black trim then get red,
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 26 September 2013, 08:03 »
Red....get a bit of colour in your life
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline tambourine

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 26 September 2013, 08:24 »
"Always bet on black" .. Passenger 57.  :wink:

Deep black pearl looks stunning on the GTI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVNHvRbhq5Q
« Last Edit: 26 September 2013, 08:34 by tambourine »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 26 September 2013, 13:46 »
Red.
The first mk7 I saw was my local dealer's demo which I took photos of at the beginning of June and it looked dull as hell and people commented on it on here.
The next mk7 I saw was my local dealer's demo GTD in July or August when my car went in for a service. It looked shiny and deep and really good.
Obviously the GTI had only just arrived when I saw it and the sales guys just put it out on the road so they could tool around in it and it wasn't prepped properly, once it had something on the paint it looked stunning.
Both cars parked together looked awesome.

My 'other' car is black. Nightmare. Utter nightmare.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Simon C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 26 September 2013, 14:05 »
I saw a number of reds GTDs when trying to decide what to go for and I thought they looked great with the silver GTD lines as opposed to the red on the GTI.

In my opinion red works better on the GTD compared to the GTI.
Letting my heart rule and not my head - GTI Mark 7 arrived: 3dr, 19" Santiago, sat nav, pure white.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 26 September 2013, 15:55 »
I saw a number of reds GTDs when trying to decide what to go for and I thought they looked great with the silver GTD lines as opposed to the red on the GTI.

In my opinion red works better on the GTD compared to the GTI.

From a distance though you would be hard pushed to tell the difference

Offline barrieeld

• Just got here
« Reply #29 on: 26 September 2013, 16:27 »
HMM i ordered red but now im thinking black but seen a GTI in black and having second thoughts...