Author Topic: £300 to spend on accessories  (Read 3138 times)

Offline mullermn

• GTI forum regular
£300 to spend on accessories
« on: 23 September 2013, 16:42 »
Hi

My dealer has given me £300 to spend on accessories as an apology for build weeks having slipped.

Anyone got any suggestions for what to go for, and are there any options beyond what's on the VW website that I should look at?

Cheers,
Andy

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
Re: £300 to spend on accessories
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2013, 17:30 »
Do you have a dog that will travel in the boot (with parcel shelf removed, natch!) ?

I do, so am planning to get the reversible luggage compartment mat (velour on one side, plastic on the other, with a fold out part that covers the lip / rear bumper). The dog can then jump in and out without scratching the paintwork, hopefully. There's £85 of your £300 gone  :smiley:
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2013, 17:36 »
...and spend the rest on buying a dog? On a more serious note, what about a VW Service Plan?
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2013, 17:45 »
Or part of a dog at least. The missus spent a lot more than that on our dog. More than the trade in we are getting on her (12 year old) Ford Focus when the GTI arrives. Should I be  :smiley: or  :sad: ? She's a great mutt.

Insert your own joke here ...  :whistle:
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera

Offline mullermn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2013, 17:54 »
Boot liner is a good idea.. I've also been looking at carpet mats.

I'm planning on getting the service plan already - I'm not sure if I could use my complementary £300 to pay for that; that would effectively be cash back then. Hmm..

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2013, 19:26 »
Hmmm, £300 to spend on things that you wouldn't have bought. I guess that's £300 at full undiscounted retail price rather than the actual cost to the dealer? They have a huge mark up on accessories, so I'd guess their offer is not costing them much over £100.
« Last Edit: 23 September 2013, 19:29 by dubber36 »
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Jules Winfield

« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2013, 19:44 »
Do you know of anyone who's got a new baby or anyone who's got one in the pipeline (so to speak)?  You could get them a child seat (and loads of brownie points).

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2013, 22:50 »
Hat, sweatshirt body warmer!!!

Offline mullermn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2013, 10:17 »
I was looking at the various boot liner options - does anyone know how they work with the changeable height boot floor? Does it adapt or does it only fit properly in one position?

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2013, 10:30 »
You could spend £105 on the boot liner and the VW cargo net like I did. I think these are two essential items to keep the boot carpet clean and the net to stop small items from rolling around.  :cool:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps