Author Topic: Golf GTI - The Sun Newspaper  (Read 12495 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Golf GTI - The Sun Newspaper
« on: 24 June 2009, 21:11 »
Big center page spread about the new Golf GTI today in The Sun newspaper. Some cracking pics of it in white, 3dr. Pics of the concorde next to it too, as the mk1 and concorde were released in the same year (1976 I believe). Concorde's famous nose was built in Scotland, and then referenced that to the tartan seats being an icon.

Probably the best quote from the full story was that the mk6 GTI is 'The best hot hatch in the world'

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Mew

• I live here
Re: Golf GTI - The Sun Newspaper
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2009, 21:13 »

Probably the best quote from the full story was that the mk6 GTI is 'The best hot hatch in the world'

It's The Sun. They make stuff up........

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2009, 21:15 »

Because thats the only bit you dont agree with ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2009, 21:21 »
More quotes...

"If there was a Playboy for alloys, these GTI stunners would be centerfold"

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2009, 21:26 »

Well said
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2009, 21:29 »
they should have put the best alround hot hatch
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2009, 21:32 »
Do you know, I put that quote in to see what kind of reaction it would get, and you all really are f**kin predictable.

Suck it up guys, no-one gives a sh!t about your cars any longer.

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2009, 21:36 »
^^^^ did they say it then or not
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #8 on: 24 June 2009, 21:38 »
when you ordering yours again kev  :lipsrsealed: Mk7 will be out at this rate  :grin:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 June 2009, 21:43 »
^^^^ did they say it then or not

Yes, I meant I put it in my post intentionally as I knew the reaction it would get.

I wish I could pick the lotto numbers as easily.