Author Topic: Autocar: New Golf GTI versus GTI Legends  (Read 11308 times)

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
Re: Autocar: New Golf GTI versus GTI Legends
« Reply #50 on: 24 July 2017, 19:14 »
As someone said above its a journalist trying to get the sensational outcome.

I'm currently waiting for my facelift GTi to replace my 3 year old GTD. Am I likely to rethink my purchase of a brand new car with all the reliability, toys and prestige that brings to buy a 10 year old car they may need to be off the road regularly for repairs, quite simply no !!!
And I don't think anyone else is about to make a different decision to mine!

Impossible ride, dreadful, one dimensional just like the latest model.

Of course not, I don't think that was the objective of the article, though haven't read it.

Truth is the MkV was a revelation after the MkIV and against any opposition, it has merely evolved since.

Having owned all models, I don't see many other 2005 cars that you could jump & drive in and not feel  dated. It delivered it every area, performance, ride, the fabulous DSG box, brakes and yes build quality above todays VW's.

Civic Type R, you don't need a dsg when you got a gear change like that.

You've drove them then, when was the last time you drove an EP3?

Would think around 10 years ago, and I liked Hondas (Engines) had several CRX V-tech etc. Think I must have had a Clio 172 Cup at the time which was a great little car, terrific handling and not to bad a ride.

The EP3 was and still is a great car, friend of mine had one when I had my Mk5 GTi and we swapped cars for two weeks and getting back into the GTi again showed how much it was behind the Type R dynamically. I wasn't a huge fan of the interior of the Mk5 either.

You can't be serious,john McEnroe. You must have a teen, as that's the only explanation.

I would have loved it but not v  a MkV GTI DSG DSG DSG? In any era.

A one trick pony.

Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: Autocar: New Golf GTI versus GTI Legends
« Reply #51 on: 25 July 2017, 12:03 »
As someone said above its a journalist trying to get the sensational outcome.

I'm currently waiting for my facelift GTi to replace my 3 year old GTD. Am I likely to rethink my purchase of a brand new car with all the reliability, toys and prestige that brings to buy a 10 year old car they may need to be off the road regularly for repairs, quite simply no !!!
And I don't think anyone else is about to make a different decision to mine!

Of course not, I don't think that was the objective of the article, though haven't read it.

Truth is the MkV was a revelation after the MkIV and against any opposition, it has merely evolved since.

Having owned all models, I don't see many other 2005 cars that you could jump & drive in and not feel  dated. It delivered it every area, performance, ride, the fabulous DSG box, brakes and yes build quality above todays VW's.

Civic Type R, you don't need a dsg when you got a gear change like that.

You've drove them then, when was the last time you drove an EP3?

Would think around 10 years ago, and I liked Hondas (Engines) had several CRX V-tech etc. Think I must have had a Clio 172 Cup at the time which was a great little car, terrific handling and not to bad a ride.

The EP3 was and still is a great car, friend of mine had one when I had my Mk5 GTi and we swapped cars for two weeks and getting back into the GTi again showed how much it was behind the Type R dynamically. I wasn't a huge fan of the interior of the Mk5 either.

You can't be serious,john McEnroe. You must have a teen, as that's the only explanation.

I would have loved it but not v  a MkV GTI DSG DSG DSG? In any era.

A one trick pony.

Must be my age(mid 40's) but I have no idea what you mean.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17