Author Topic: The dreaded lease deals on 7.5 Golf & GTI  (Read 13441 times)

Offline rob_the_jogger

• Not said much yet
Re: The dreaded lease deals on 7.5 Golf & GTI
« Reply #30 on: 09 May 2017, 22:51 »
I tried loads of online lease (PCH) companys, but played three VW dealers off against each other in the end, even got a mug and a t-shirt thrown in to clinch the deal   :rolleyes:
Clubsport 302

Offline Boulton

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 10 May 2017, 06:51 »
I tried loads of online lease (PCH) companys, but played three VW dealers off against each other in the end, even got a mug and a t-shirt thrown in to clinch the deal   :rolleyes:

Same. One dealer was struggling to give me 10% off. But using Drivethedeal as a bargaining tool I managed to get around 15% off! Basically got the same GTI which was completely stock that one dealer was offering me but with Brescias, velour trim, metallic paint and privacy glass for £1 less per month. Happy days.

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 10 May 2017, 07:35 »
Just be aware....  Not that it might bother some.

Some of these "lease deals" may be for cars that have already been built.  It could mean that they were the first batch of builds and so  there is a good chance they are missing the foglights.  If it doesn't matter to you then fine, but if it is a built car, it will be worth asking the supplier to have the build spec checked.

I understand that a lot of delivered GTi's and GTD's have been refused by the buyers and these will find their way into dealer stock and used by VWFS to try and offload.

Again, no worries if no fog lights isnt an issue, but better to be informed before the car arrives :)

Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline Matt17121991

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 11 May 2017, 11:23 »
Anyone got a decent lease deal on a 5 door GTI with 12,000 miles a year allowance? Most deals seems to be 5k miles and shoot up in price after this.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 11 May 2017, 11:45 »
Crewe VW were offering 10k miles for about £260 per month on a 6+23 profile via Whatcar Leasing. However it disappeared from the site yesterday I think. Manual gearbox and black rubin paint only.

Hopefully it may come back at some point.
7.5 GTD

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 12 May 2017, 09:29 »
Anyone got a decent lease deal on a 5 door GTI with 12,000 miles a year allowance? Most deals seems to be 5k miles and shoot up in price after this.
If its with VWFS and you take the 5,000 mile option, after six month they will quote you for higher mileages. Their quotes will be lower than if you stick with 5,000 and paid the extra mileage fee at the end of the hire.

Offline Matt17121991

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 12 May 2017, 15:24 »
If its with VWFS and you take the 5,000 mile option, after six month they will quote you for higher mileages. Their quotes will be lower than if you stick with 5,000 and paid the extra mileage fee at the end of the hire.

Might try that. If I went to the dealers would they p/x my current car in against a lease deal? Don't want PCP. Probably not is my guess?

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 12 May 2017, 19:41 »
You cannot part exchange your car against a lease deal as you are not actually purchasing the new car. But most dealers will give you a price for your current car as a purchase, particularity if its same marque they sell and not too old - obviously that will vary a lot and will almost always be less then you could sell it for privately.

Offline Matt17121991

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 25 May 2017, 11:06 »
Managed to find a 3 year deal - 10,000 miles a year 6 Months down and 35 months at £320.66

This is for DSG with the Art Velour seats as options, decent deal? Most of the deals I find are 2 years and I reckon ill want it a bit longer than that! :cool:

I can sell my current car for around £6.5k to put against this, so effectively brings the payments down too.

What do we think?
« Last Edit: 25 May 2017, 11:11 by Matt17121991 »

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #39 on: 25 May 2017, 13:17 »
Over 13k to borrow a GTI for 3 years - doesn't sound a cracking deal.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity