Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2793146 times)

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2850 on: 24 August 2015, 18:30 »

What intake is this? Looks nice and tidy
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2851 on: 24 August 2015, 18:34 »
Neuspeed P-Flo, not cheap but really impressed with the quality and fit.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2852 on: 24 August 2015, 18:39 »
I'm slowly working my way towards a GTI courtesy car...

The R is in for the 4th attempt (Pulman's 3rd attempt) at sorting my ACC unit out - howay VW! Splash the cash and buy me a new unit.  :rolleyes:

1st Pulman visit courtesy car = 1.0 Fabia that stunk like an ashtray
2nd visit = 1.0 Up!
3rd visit = 1.2 Polo

Next time? Golf GT TDI? Passat 150TDI?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2853 on: 24 August 2015, 21:05 »
Popped down to my local dealer today for two reasons, firstly to get my deposit back for the R400 as there is no point getting a car more desirable than I already have (after my R was stolen but recovered)& also to find out if having my r stolen would impact on the GFV of the car,luckily for me it doesn't because the car was recovered within 14days so will not be logged,phew.

I know it's been covered somewhere before but what was the deal with r400 deposits? Did they give you etas and option choices??
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2854 on: 24 August 2015, 21:28 »
Popped down to my local dealer today for two reasons, firstly to get my deposit back for the R400 as there is no point getting a car more desirable than I already have (after my R was stolen but recovered)& also to find out if having my r stolen would impact on the GFV of the car,luckily for me it doesn't because the car was recovered within 14days so will not be logged,phew.

I know it's been covered somewhere before but what was the deal with r400 deposits? Did they give you etas and option choices??

The only info I could get out of them was to expect deliveries early 2017 , 10 speed dsg only option & prices will start 40k plus, but all should be unveiled at Frankfurt motor show on sept 17.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2855 on: 24 August 2015, 22:09 »

The only info I could get out of them was to expect deliveries early 2017 , 10 speed dsg only option & prices will start 40k plus, but all should be unveiled at Frankfurt motor show on sept 17.

So was it a dealer deposit thing or a vw thing?

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #2856 on: 24 August 2015, 22:39 »

So was it a dealer deposit thing or a vw thing?

It was a dealer deposit,which luckily I got back no problem.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2857 on: 24 August 2015, 22:41 »
Glad to here it mate

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2858 on: 27 August 2015, 18:34 »
Today I got my R back, after dropping it off at Pulman Durham on Monday evening and picking up a Polo 1.2TSI. The car isn't fixed yet, but they have persuaded VW to sanction a replacement ACC sensor. They also spotted my rubber trunking between the back of the car and the boot needed replacing without me mentioning it (I snapped a clip fitting a dashcam that has since been removed). The parts are on backorder, so the car will be back to them for fitment in 7 to 10 days.

My R got the special treatment while with them. They've given it the "new car collection" going over - hand washed, waxed, blacked the tyre walls, dedusted and polished the dash and hoovered the footwells. I think my salesman must've had a word with them after seeing my car back with them yet again.

Then I drove it home the scenic route....like I stole it. It's amazing how heavy the steering felt after driving the Polo for 3 days, 5 mins into the drive and the steering feels normal again.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2859 on: 27 August 2015, 23:06 »
Neuspeed P-Flo, not cheap but really impressed with the quality and fit.

It looks neat.  How much difference does it make?  Is it just the filter or a remap as well?
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist