Author Topic: Mk3 Anniversary shed project, VR6 Power now present  (Read 16156 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Re: Mk3 Anniversary shed project
« Reply #20 on: 30 January 2013, 13:29 »
I will. :grin:

Later tonight, got enough on here to warrant it I guess.

Offline Martinvr6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 30 January 2013, 14:25 »
Yes 20, shame to say many have been broken up, due to rot, I'm glad this one isn't one of those statistics

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #22 on: 31 January 2013, 22:32 »
Good to see another mk3 on board...look forward to progress
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Martinvr6

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk3 Anniversary shed project, updates 11/2/13
« Reply #23 on: 11 February 2013, 20:29 »
Some updates from Baku, Azerbaijan as thats where i am currently typing this.

My mate has a shot of the Anni this week as he sold his mk3 VR6 Variant at the weekend, and he has managed to sell the CC recaro interior i had fitted, and collect an interior i have had twice, first time in 2004 then last year

The interior in question is German spec GTI EDITION Recaros, with matching 5 door cards 

Apologies for the shocking picture quality, its an old one i had in my photo bucket

It was originally purchased by me in 2004 from MJ interiors for my very first Golf, a 1995 Storm Grey VR6, and at the time it was thought to be one of 4 or 5 sets in the UK, there are obviously more now, but they are still quite rare and fit the GTI theme nicely i think

Other parts i have been gathering whilst here are
Coilovers, thanks to clancy
Mk3.5 steering wheel
Stock VR6 Airbox
Magnex exhaust
Replacement VR6 DOHC engine cover
Black ABC pillar trims

Im home this weekend, so all going well i will get the donor car stripped next friday, and start the conversion on the saturday, I'm looking forward to it, hopefully have it in and out in a weekend

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #24 on: 11 February 2013, 20:43 »
They look really cool bud. Suit the Anni for sure. Personally I like leather so that's what I've got. Wish I had ess_three's seats though!

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #25 on: 11 February 2013, 21:19 »
Personally I like leather

yeah but we don't want to know about your gimp suit..... oh and my choice would be half leather recaro's with anni cloth, I would just need to butcher another anni set of seats and pay a few ££ though!
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #26 on: 11 February 2013, 21:34 »
Those German Edition Recaro seats are definitely my favourite OEM cloth variation.  :cool:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #27 on: 11 February 2013, 21:41 »
Personally I like leather

yeah but we don't want to know about your gimp suit..... oh and my choice would be half leather recaro's with anni cloth, I would just need to butcher another anni set of seats and pay a few ££ though!

Like ess_three's then, except his are MK4 Recaros.

Offline Martinvr6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 12 February 2013, 04:10 »
The leather I can take or leave, I have had around 8 or 9 sets of Colour Concept seats over the years and they are more readily available than the GTI edition items, when the opportunity arose to get these back I couldn't pass it up.

With regards to re trimming seats etc, yeah I could go down this route, but I'm doing this car on a budget, that won't stretch to that unfortunately. What I'm trying to achieve is an enhanced OEM anniversary VR6

Glens seats are awesome, but I don't find them very comfortable for my shorter legs, after driving his car many years ago the mk4 seats in mk3 idea was a no go for me, as they sat too high at the front.

Offline Martinvr6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 12 February 2013, 10:48 »
The GTI Edition interior is in, along with the door cards and pockets from leather door cards, HUGE thanks to my mate bobby for doing it all whilst I'm away

Ill let the pics he sent on FB do the talking.

I'm over the moon with it, I can't wait to get home and get going with the project now