Author Topic: murraymint - fresh mk3  (Read 19504 times)

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Re: murraymint - fresh mk3
« Reply #20 on: 16 March 2013, 13:20 »
Thort I'd give my car some loving today, on the inside  ;). With all the work I've been doing onit, the inside has been overlooked.

Hen it started raining!

Lol

That's better

Also fitted a centre sun visor

josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Re: murraymint - fresh mk3
« Reply #21 on: 29 March 2013, 17:54 »
Soo I finally lowered it today, what a bloody game that was!! Only took me 5 hours  :whistle:. Mostly due to my own f**k ups lol.

Here's how it sat when I first put them on

Drove it down the road and back. And it sounded horrible!! Knocking noises, and metal on metal knocks and bangs. I thort I'd killed my car lol. So parked it back up and found that I'd missed two spacers out of the rear coilovers  :embarrassed:. Soo had to take the rears off again and rebuild them with that in, drove it down the road again, the back was lovely now, but still MAJOR knocking from the front. So parked up again, lifted the bonnet, I forgot to tighten the top mounts  :embarrassed:  so did them out and now it drives smooth. Can't believe I made soo many rookie mistakes. Just a bad day I quess.

Here's how it's sitting now

I prefer it lower but it's a daily so need to save my back lol
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi