Author Topic: Buckfizzturbos Build Thread: VW Bora > Air Suspension > BBS RS  (Read 147321 times)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
What ever you do - Don't sell that mk2.

Like this project and that is some quality work. A big fan of air ride myself  :smiley:

Cheers dude,

It will be a sad day seeing the mk2 go but it's my biggest asset so will help go towards a house purchase. Hopefully the mk3 will end up nearly as good.
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
This is going to be insane when finished, it almost seems a shame that it'll be being used daily. Daily driving ruins paintwork :cry:

Cheers Dom,

At the end of the day they are a car and should be used as a car. Even tho the mk2 is baby'd a lot this will be used. Besides paint work can be sorted.  :wink:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
I take it you have all seen his air cooled mk3???

Yes.  How does that cope with the requirement for a cat on that age of vehicle?

Doing radical things to vehicles that are *possible* is relatively easy.  Making something that passes an age-correct MOT is another thing.

Cutting the turrets on this car won't cause problems with the DVLA.  Notching the chassis monocoque is starting to intrude into this space, although you would need to talk to someone from the DVLA, read very carefully and probably get it inspected to confirm what impact it has on the car's identity.

The thing that is a big no-no is cutting about the firewall on the car.

Frankly the modifications to this strike me as dysfunctional and pointless, but hey - it's your money.  Some people restore double-decker buses for fun: the world is full of weirdos.

...... And if we all did the same thing it would be boring.

I'm going to the extreme to get this car to sit on the floor so the modifications are functional for that purpose. It is being built by 1 of the best metal workers around and will still be a fully functional vehicle that will take daily duties in it stride.

90% for the mods im doing 10% against but the main thing is I'm 100% happy with what I'm doing and that's all that matters.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
90% for the mods im doing 10% against but the main thing is I'm 100% happy with what I'm doing and that's all that matters.

Provided it's safe.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time

Provided it's safe.

Matt wouldn't let it leave without it being safe!!!! There's cars on the road that aren't modified which are 100 times unsafe than mine will be!!!!!

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Matt wouldn't let it leave without it being safe!!!! There's cars on the road that aren't modified which are 100 times unsafe than mine will be!!!!!

So this is a car that can be driven whilst resting the subframe on the ground, which is safe?

Sure.

How did he get an MOT on the aircooled Golf3?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
this is awesome haha

:cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time

So this is a car that can be driven whilst resting the subframe on the ground, which is safe?

Sure.

How did he get an MOT on the aircooled Golf3?

Please tell me you know my car is on air otherwise that last post of yours didn't make any sense.

Of course it's not going to drive on the subframe it will only be like that when parked up it will be driven at a normal ride height the rest of the time!!! That's what air is for!!!!!!!!!  :rolleyes:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
this is awesome haha

:cool:

Thanks dude massive love for your aswell!!!

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
This is exactly why i'm a fan of air ride. You can drive it normaly, the airlift kit can out handle coilovers for comfort and even on the track and then you can lay it on the floor.

Saves the under side of the car getting smashed on speed bumps.

This year I hope to get air when I can afford the setup. I'm working on a custom tank at the moment! :smiley:
:)