Author Topic: It's Here  (Read 20841 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: It's Here
« Reply #20 on: 06 March 2012, 21:22 »
 :cool:

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 07 March 2012, 09:07 »
Looks good mate!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 14 March 2012, 09:22 »
Some better pics!!

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 14 March 2012, 10:55 »
Summer setup...

Summer setup, so you bought those GTI Monza Shadows then?

I asked for Monza Shadows when I ordered mine but they wouldn't do it I can only have the wheels designed for that vehicle, more dealer bull.

Edit: Typo
« Last Edit: 14 March 2012, 15:22 by Keithuk »
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 14 March 2012, 13:32 »
Summer setup...

Summer setup, so you bought those GTI Monza Shadows then?

I asked for Monza Shadows when I ordered mine but they wouldn't do it I can only have the wheels designed for that vehicle, moe dealer bull.

Yeah bought Monza's but not from the dealer, or tho I did ask and got told the same thing...luckily tho Truckerash was selling his brand new ones as he upgraded to the ED35 wheels....I bought them for £650 then spent another £485 wrapping them in Goodyear Asymmetric 2s so total £1135....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #25 on: 14 March 2012, 19:18 »
Quote from: Mr GTD link=topic=223874.msg2076706#msg2076706
Yeah bought Monza's but not from the dealer, or tho I did ask and got told the same thing...luckily tho Truckerash was selling his brand new ones as he upgraded to the ED35 wheels....I bought them for £650 then spent another £485 wrapping them in Goodyear Asymmetric 2s so total £1135....
nice,
Funny how I was looking at the GTD wheels on a new one in the showroom while mine was been serviced and thoight how I liked those better.
Vw should allow us to spec the ones we want as everyone does.not have the.same taste.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2012, 19:39 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 15 March 2012, 11:02 »
[quote author=Mr GTD link=topic=223874.msg2076706#msg2076706

nice, Funny how I was looking at the GTD wheels on a new one in the showroom while mine was been serviced and thoight how I liked those better.
Vw should allow us to spec the ones we want as everyone does.not have the.same taste.

Yep totally agree....what's the harm in wanting( in my case the monza shadows) for a GTD, I mean it looks in every way the GTI and the only diff I think is the wheels, So what's the harm, everyone has diff tastes.....So come on VW give us what we want!!

Offline Pinky 1959

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 24 March 2012, 18:18 »
Can I be nosey and ask if you upgraded the music system and have you acc fitted and does it make a difference to the way the car rides over bumps .
Very nice car by the way
I have a Tiguan and having driven it my wife now wants a GTD .

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 24 March 2012, 19:31 »
Can I be nosey and ask if you upgraded the music system and have you acc fitted and does it make a difference to the way the car rides over bumps .
Very nice car by the way
I have a Tiguan and having driven it my wife now wants a GTD .

Thanks for the compliments!

No I haven't upgraded the sound system, I have the one that comes std which I must say is very good, well it's good enough for me anyway... :smiley:

and No again mate, the ACC was an option I did think about but as soon as I test drove the GTD decided I didn't need it...I have heard its good tho but as I've never driven with it thought I'd rather buy the Monza Shadows...

Are you thinking new from factory or used?

Offline Pinky 1959

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 25 March 2012, 19:59 »
Since I had to get rid of my last car as it kept running rough (garage kept finding something new to suggest fixing useless twits )and I bought a Tiguan 170 sport and the quality is a million miles better than any car we have had before (although the price is too ) we have decided that having had her Astra for 6 years a golf GTD may be a nice idea but not till after our summer holiday and we would like a new one but may be wiser getting a nearly new one or up to a year old one although there probably not be that much difference in price ( as there wasnt with the Tiguan .
She is still undecided but we may end up checking dealers stock as I got my Tig which the dealers had in and I econ I got a good deal .
Does anyone know what amount of discount can be had off a new GTD .
Thanks