Author Topic: Sharan blue motion 2.0 ltr tdi  (Read 6606 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Sharan blue motion 2.0 ltr tdi
« on: 15 December 2011, 12:38 »
I have a new sharan,sometimes when you turn the engine on and just move the car a short distance when you turn the ignition off you can still hear a whirring noise from the left hand side of the engine(drivers side) any ideas ?,it sounds like a small motor spinning.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: Sharan blue motion 2.0 ltr tdi
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2011, 17:16 »
  :undecided:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2011, 17:23 »
My Passat does a similar thing. On that, I believe it to be the servo that operates the fresh air inlet flap to the heater.

The climate control doesn't do it's thing straight away, so if you turn it off soon after starting the cars, it just thinks "Oh, so you didn't want me after all then" and shuts down with a huff.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2011, 17:37 »
My Passat does a similar thing. On that, I believe it to be the servo that operates the fresh air inlet flap to the heater.

The climate control doesn't do it's thing straight away, so if you turn it off soon after starting the cars, it just thinks "Oh, so you didn't want me after all then" and shuts down with a huff.

Thanks,it could be something similar,mrs has just come back from shopping its 3miles max it was whirring with the engine running and stopped when turned off for 30sec it then came back on when the engine was off,i went back out 5mins later and it had gone off. :undecided:

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2011, 01:05 »
I have a new sharan,sometimes when you turn the engine on and just move the car a short distance when you turn the ignition off you can still hear a whirring noise from the left hand side of the engine(drivers side) any ideas ?,it sounds like a small motor spinning.

That sounds like the cooling fans running because its doing the DPF clean out. We have a 2008 Seat Leon 1.9 TDI at work that does exactly the same thing.

Don't do short journeys give it a blast up a motorway else you will have the DPF light coming on and a trip to the dealer.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2011, 08:27 »
It is a pump that keeps the coolant flowing for a few mins  :wink:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 17 December 2011, 13:29 »
It sounds like a fan,i listened to it the other day it increased in speed and then stayed steady for a short while before it stopped a short time later,i think it is probably venting something it comes from the drivers side of the engine bay near the wheel arch but slightly higher.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2011, 20:39 »
It also does it on my Tig , seems normal enough  :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 December 2012, 15:59 »
Aux fuel heater is my guess,i read the handbook the other day when i was waiting for the mrs to finish the shopping,it seems that if the air temperature is low enough it preheats the fuel hence the smell and sound of a fan spinning. :smiley:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 25 December 2012, 08:00 »
I have to admit some mornings when I first turn the car on there is all sorts of whirring, electrical motor noises as it sorts itself out.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.