Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 230852 times)

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
Re: Rhyso's Posh Golf
« Reply #470 on: 11 January 2011, 19:33 »
Those 16's will see you alright in the snowy Welsh country side. I think they look alright to be honest!!  :wink:

Oh and where was my bit of cake then??!!!  :kiss:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #471 on: 11 January 2011, 19:35 »
Those 16's will see you alright in the snowy Welsh country side. I think they look alright to be honest!!  :wink:

Have you seen the forecast for the next few days?  Fecking temperatures are into double figures  :angry: :grin: :grin:

In the cupboard at the time  :kiss:

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #472 on: 11 January 2011, 19:42 »

Have you seen the forecast for the next few days?  Fecking temperatures are into double figures  :angry: :grin: :grin:

Yeah but we have got the rest of January and February and even March to come for possible snow!! I would put money on it that those 16's will see you out of some snowy problem before the spring!

Does it ride any different on them??
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #473 on: 11 January 2011, 19:46 »

Yeah but we have got the rest of January and February and even March to come for possible snow!! I would put money on it that those 16's will see you out of some snowy problem before the spring!

Does it ride any different on them??

I'm probably the only person wishing for snow so I can try them out  :laugh: :laugh:

No real difference in all honesty.  Tyres are a little nosier than the 18's but I haven't found any difference in the ride quality or comfort.   Handling isn't as sharp but I wasn't expecting them to be amazing.  They should see me through a few winters  :smiley:

Now to decide on the wheel colour......

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #474 on: 22 January 2011, 21:52 »
Any snow over there today Rhys?? We had a little flury this morning, nothing work shouting about but you normally get it 10 times worse over the bridge??!!  :smiley:
Scott

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #475 on: 12 February 2011, 12:28 »
Any snow over there today Rhys?? We had a little flury this morning, nothing work shouting about but you normally get it 10 times worse over the bridge??!!  :smiley:

Haven't had any snow since fitting the winter tyres  :laugh: :laugh:

Big thanks to my good mate Dai-Cymru; fitted some new rear brake pads for me yesterday :afro:

Wheels are going in for a refurb next week hopefully.  Think this will be the colour I go for  :undecided:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #476 on: 12 February 2011, 12:31 »
Nice mate looks pretty oem colour ??
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #477 on: 12 February 2011, 12:34 »
Nice mate looks pretty oem colour ??

Its darker than what they currently are

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #478 on: 12 February 2011, 12:36 »
I can see that now  :smiley:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #479 on: 12 February 2011, 12:37 »
I can see that now  :smiley:

Ay - not sure if they will be too dark against the colour of the car  :undecided: