Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 382698 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2290 on: 11 August 2014, 20:50 »
Put my deposit down for the new Golf R
Oryx white
19" rims
Satnav Pro
Cant wait!

Nice one  :cool:

What's the current wait time?  I'm just holding off till Dynaudio comes available.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

MonkeyP

« Reply #2291 on: 11 August 2014, 23:23 »
Put my deposit down for the new Golf R
Oryx white
19" rims
Satnav Pro
Cant wait!

Nice one  :cool:

What's the current wait time?  I'm just holding off till Dynaudio comes available.

I was quoted about 12 weeks. but other dealers quoted me 21 weeks! i avoided that as i do not want the car in the middle of winter and also i need to sell my gti so over another 3 months it would lose to much money! there are a few ex demos out there but i know for fact esp after my test drive that they have been ragged!

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2292 on: 12 August 2014, 13:17 »
i really hope your dealer has not told you 12 weeks just to bag a sale, they may have had a car on order and changed the spec so fingers crossed, my wife's was ordered at the end of June and that is looking like November when it turns up

either way worth the wait as it is a stunning car, absolutely love mine

MonkeyP

« Reply #2293 on: 12 August 2014, 13:24 »
i really hope your dealer has not told you 12 weeks just to bag a sale, they may have had a car on order and changed the spec so fingers crossed, my wife's was ordered at the end of June and that is looking like November when it turns up

either way worth the wait as it is a stunning car, absolutely love mine

I actually had three dealer fighting for my money.

The one i got it from told be that they have a fair few cancelled orders because a lot of people were registering as businesses and car trade and putting orders in for cars. apparently was quite big and once they clocked on they cancelled or the orders.

I wouldn't of bought the car brand new if i had to wait half a year. would of searched for an ex demo and paid a little bit more.

I should be getting a build date sometime on the next week or so. so i will see if what he said was the truth or not.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2294 on: 12 August 2014, 13:50 »
12 weeks does sound very optimistic.  I'm factoring in around a 4/5 month wait, which is in line with what wigit is saying.  Don't mind waiting (had similar wait with last 2 gtis) and will probably order in the new year.

I'd never buy an ex demo car of this type.  Are you sure you would? knowing first hand how they are treated :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

MonkeyP

« Reply #2295 on: 12 August 2014, 14:03 »
Well i always take what dealer say with a pinch of salt. but there is nothing i can do about it now so will just have to wait and see.

Ye i think i prefer having a brand new car as i know i am the only person that has driven it. but once in a while there are some tempting ex demos that are miles under list. but i know what i was like when i drove the brand new just delivered test car! i made sure it got a good workout. lol

either way i am happy with the spec i bought (elders in my family wont be once they feel the firmness of the ride lol) just hope the build date is sooner rather than later.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #2296 on: 11 September 2014, 15:37 »
Time for a change....... Not the car but the exhaust  :smiley:

So just ordered the m performance exhaust for my M135i and having it fitted early part of next week.

The true test for the exhaust will be if the wife notices  :whistle:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
« Reply #2297 on: 14 September 2014, 01:29 »
Sell the GTD maybe and buy a... MK6 GTD  :laugh: because mines broken and rubbish
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2298 on: 14 September 2014, 07:33 »
I am being made redundant at the end of the year, and I am looking for a job close to home. So if that happens I would be looking to trade in the GTD for a petrol.

On the horizon:
mk6 R
mk7 GTI
Audi S4 3.0V6 Supercharged

Maybe too pricey section:
Audi s3 saloon
mk7 R

Hummmmmm.....
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #2299 on: 15 September 2014, 21:14 »
Due to change next year, hoping they go ahead and make this  :evil:

Golf R Estate
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(