Author Topic: Front brake problem (unexplained noise!)  (Read 423 times)

Offline jnielow

• Not said much yet
Front brake problem (unexplained noise!)
« on: 09 March 2012, 23:12 »
Dear All,

Had new discs and pads fitted end of 2010 dont do much mileage and discs now only just showing a mimimal lip/bedding in,pads look like new!. I have noticed that when I press the brake pedal I get a noise like metal coming togther,it only happens when I press the brake. I am not getting a squeel or anything else. The noise can only be described as similar to when you torque wheel nuts the final click noise of the torque wrench.

The noise happens when the weather is dry,and the brakes have had time to warm up.The brakes seem fine to me the car stops,the noise is fairly load.

I appreciate that not seeing the car or hearing the noise could be difficult to possibly pin-point problem, but any pointers would welcomed.

Thanks

Jason

Offline cullygti

• I live here
Re: Front brake problem (unexplained noise!)
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2012, 23:31 »
iv had a noise on mine a few times and it turned out there was a stone stuck between the disc and the backing plate and as wheel turns it scratches and squeels worth a look but maybe summat else

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline johnomk4

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2012, 00:01 »
Like cullygti said have a look at the back plate it could be rubbing or a stone in there somewhere.  :smiley:

Offline jnielow

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2012, 09:07 »
cheers felllas!

Jason

Offline johnomk4

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2012, 11:17 »
No probs let's us know what it is.  :smiley: