Author Topic: "Blue mk2" Quick question  (Read 1741 times)

Offline m4nesh

• GTI forum regular
"Blue mk2" Quick question
« on: 02 February 2004, 17:42 »
Eazy Guizer  ;)

You have mentioned that you come to Leicester allot.  I was wondering if you could recommend a garage that I can get my Exhaust looked at in Leicester, think its blowing, well rather there is some vibration when I take off.

Have you got a stainless steel system?
And would you go for a full s/s exhaust?

Look forward to hearing from you mate!

Cheers Manesh 8)

Blue MK2

Re:"Blue mk2" Quick question
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2004, 14:36 »
Sorry for the delay Manesh.
I have a full stainless exhaust with a loud DTM backbox. its abit dirty in that pic :-[

If your after the extra breathing for your engine then i would get a full system.
The noise can get very annoying on motorways but i reccomend the full system to the back box

I only travel to my sisters house in lesta so you probably know more garages than me mate :-\

What one are you looking to get? Im thinking of changing mine to a letterbox DTM once i have the extra funds.

Blue
« Last Edit: 03 February 2004, 14:46 by Blue MK2 »

Offline m4nesh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2004, 15:54 »

I was thinking of either the upswept DTM like yours or the 2 square tail pipes.  Cost is about ?300 so im thinking is it worth it? Coz its only a exhaust but you get some extra power and more noise.  

Gotta get something called baffles replaced on my present exhaust so contemplating on getting either backbox or full system.

Anyway what area you come to in Leicester, I'll give a race down mad mile!!! LOL :o

Blue MK2

« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2004, 16:34 »
So your a racer hey? a full system would suite you then ;)

Fielder5757

« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2004, 17:36 »
hehe another racer  ;D

I went for the full Rally system. All i need is a new manafold and ive got the whole lot done. It sounds sweet but its not very loud but people still hear you comming and its a twin tip   :P

Blue MK2

« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2004, 18:02 »
Evington ends Manesh.

If you want to set off car alarms like mine and Fielders then get a full system with a big roar! ;D

Offline m4nesh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2004, 20:15 »

Guizer!

Seeing as you come down to my back yard (Evington Village I take it) all the time we gotta meet so I can check out your motor and I can chat you into selling me your DTM system - LOL ;D...you'll get a msn contact when you sign into MSN.

Speak to you soon mate

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #7 on: 03 February 2004, 20:29 »
if I want to set of car alarms I just crank up my ICE ;D
Mk4 Golf 150PD