Author Topic: Your car has been built and has now left the factory  (Read 24204 times)

Offline dreamcar

• Not said much yet
Re: Your car has been built and has now left the factory
« Reply #40 on: 09 March 2018, 08:48 »
Car has arrived in the UK!!  :laugh:

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 09 March 2018, 09:19 »
Wow....this was quick.
My new GTI was only ordered by my dealer on Tuesday this week (6/3/18). It the very next day went to Stage 2 (with the factory) and this morning I got the email to say it had gone to stage 3 (Build week Confirmed) and it's confirmed at BW 16/4/18.

If I add approx 4-5 weeks onto that for shipping etc. that would only be about 10-11 weeks from order. My dealer told me to expect around 16-20 weeks (not that I'm in any real hurry).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 09 March 2018, 12:24 »
mine too - before the month end seems on.
Hoping for next week, but yes - It'll be this month...
App now reporting Step 6....
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 09 March 2018, 15:42 »
Well my current hope is the 'City of Paris' thats about to dock in Emden and is then heading to Grimsby over the weekend.

2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #44 on: 09 March 2018, 17:01 »
Well my current hope is the 'City of Paris' thats about to dock in Emden and is then heading to Grimsby over the weekend.
Fingers crossed...
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #45 on: 10 March 2018, 00:27 »
For those of you who had BW 12/03/18 and were pleased with having your car in Emden this week (a number of us), the good news is that the ship 'Malacca Highway' is en route to Sheerness for those of us in the south and the ship 'City of Paris' is en route to Grimsby for those of you in the north.
It is getting close!
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 10 March 2018, 08:43 »
For those of you who had BW 12/03/18 and were pleased with having your car in Emden this week (a number of us), the good news is that the ship 'Malacca Highway' is en route to Sheerness for those of us in the south and the ship 'City of Paris' is en route to Grimsby for those of you in the north.
It is getting close!

Well mine is definitely not on the city of Paris.  Just been on the web chat.  Come to the conclusion my car is what the port staff are using to get the bacon sandwiches.

It will have been there two weeks on Wednesday.  Not sure what the next possible shipping opportunity might be.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 10 March 2018, 10:46 »
It is getting close!
Cars up north are served by Tyne Dock not Grimsby.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 10 March 2018, 11:07 »
It is getting close!
Cars up north are served by Tyne Dock not Grimsby.

That’s what I thought but mine is apparently going to Grimsby despite my VW dealer being about 6 miles away from the port of Tyne?!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 10 March 2018, 18:54 »
Do you know for certain it's going to Grimsby? Seems odd because if your dealer is Lookers at Silverlink then it'll definitely be going to Port of Tyne and not Grimsby. When I bought my gti from Lookers Northallerton it went to Port of Tyne.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.