Author Topic: Heads up: the climate windscreen is made of paper!  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Heads up: the climate windscreen is made of paper!
« Reply #20 on: 24 January 2018, 09:17 »
Yes if you get really close then the stones don't have time to reach bonnet/windscreen height.... and weave side to side lots too.

Good point, I'll do that! Can I use the front parking sensors to get really close at 80? :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 24 January 2018, 09:24 »
No, what i was meaning is that quite a few of our company cars front ends (bonnet's, bumpers etc) had loads of road rash, and having gone out with one of the drivers recently I saw why - less than a car length from behind the car in front at 70+mph, is not good for the bodywork (or the nerves)  :laugh: :laugh:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #22 on: 24 January 2018, 09:47 »
Yes if you get really close then the stones don't have time to reach bonnet/windscreen height.... and weave side to side lots too.

Good point, I'll do that! Can I use the front parking sensors to get really close at 80? :laugh:

You need some special customisation first, get this and you'll be at minimum distance in no time:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-GLOSS-BLACK-REAR-FRONT-RINGS-BADGE-EMBLEM-QUATTRO-S-LINE-A3-S3-RS3-A4-A5-A6/172510948232?fits=Car+Make%3AAudi%7CModel%3AA3&hash=item282a742b88:g:0pkAAOSwt6ZWUGOT
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2018, 11:28 »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2018, 11:36 »

So that's why Audi cars don't have stone chips :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Online JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 24 January 2018, 13:37 »
The nose of my R was fairly peppered with stone chips which was rather annoying as it was an otherwise immaculate car. I think the shape of the bonnet has a lot to do with it. It is short-ish and slopes down quite a bit.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.