Author Topic: What do you find annoying about your Mark 7?  (Read 18126 times)

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
Re: What do you find annoying about your Mark 7?
« Reply #40 on: 06 December 2017, 06:56 »
I hate that on the mk7 (as standard) they ditched the four way controller for adjustable lumbar support and stuck us with the rudimentary handle on the side of the seat. Cheapskates!

Having had the electric lumbar on my mk5GTI fail, I'm rapt the Mk7/7.5 has a manual lever!  The electric system is hideously expensive to repair and prone to failure.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 08 December 2017, 14:34 »
Rusty brake hubs are cured with a bit of this... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rust-Oleum-400ml-Painters-Touch-Spray/dp/B001W03P9A  You can mask up the disk and caliper and it goes on really easily.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rust-Oleum-400ml-Painters-Touch-Spray/dp/B001W03P9A

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 08 December 2017, 15:53 »
I hate the fact the stereo systems stays on when I've parked and pressed the engine off button (keyless), only turning itself off when I open the door.

I agree with negative comments about the touchscreen - the dial/controller on my previous Audi S4 was much safer and simpler to use as you don't have to concentrate on what you're pressing...
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 08 December 2017, 15:57 »
Rain sensitive wipers...about as sensitive as Roy Chubby Brown!

Really? Mine are best I have had yet, the last BWM ones went into SPAZ mode with a light drizzle. BUT they seem much better since having a replacement screen. So to fix them stick a brick through the windscreen. :grin:

Thing I hate about the Golf is if you have your window down and there is any water on the roof you get soaked the first time you hit the brakes.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 08 December 2017, 16:38 »
Thing I hate about the Golf is if you have your window down and there is any water on the roof you get soaked the first time you hit the brakes.

Yeah, put some wind deflectors on and the problem goes away. 

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #45 on: 08 December 2017, 20:09 »
Christ you lot are picky. After 2 years in my GTI and almost 40k miles I still love it just as much as I did when I drove it out of the garage for the 1st time.

My plan is to keep it until I've done at least 100k, something that will be easy to do.
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 08 December 2017, 23:10 »
Christ you lot are picky. After 2 years in my GTI and almost 40k miles I still love it just as much as I did when I drove it out of the garage for the 1st time.

My plan is to keep it until I've done at least 100k, something that will be easy to do.

Of course we are picky!.That's why we drive Golfs.We accept only perfection.I bet VW engineers are reading all of these comments and thinking 've hav vays of making Das Auto better!'. :grin:
'Evolution,not revolution'. :cool:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #47 on: 08 December 2017, 23:53 »

Inclined to agree, have been wracking my brains and have decided the reflection of the bulkhead screen vent on the screen is it. Get your act together VW or I’m off to ?
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Duke Dickson

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 09 December 2017, 01:43 »

Look naff IMO, plus shouldn't have to. Many things were thought out pretty well, but this is reasonably fundamental & not great, again IMO.

Apart from that, seats are a bit could have been, media unit Vs a phone that costs at most same or 50% (but that's not just VW), missing heated windscreen just now & gearbox/clutch that's a long way from the best.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 09 December 2017, 09:06 »

Then you get 2 extra problems, first is the extra wind noise (been there done that) second is they make the car look terrible. :sad: