Author Topic: Software update on car....will it affect my remap?  (Read 8086 times)

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
Re: Software update on car....will it affect my remap?
« Reply #30 on: 02 November 2017, 05:38 »
I have not heard 1 pop or bang from mine....ever. It is a manual though.
On a YouTube video I watched the guy said the engine noise was a lot more pronounced on the CS, he said it was almost like a flat four Subaru.

Ah man, do you have an article or source for that eventuri info?
It’s so hard to find anything concrete on best induction kit for gains or noise.

To be honest I’m more after noise than looking for performance gains as I know it’ll be minimal.

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #31 on: 02 November 2017, 09:19 »
Most well known CAI's (Revo, APR, Unitronic) will offer an increase in noise but I thought Eventuri is around 30-40% more expensive? Gains are anyway small and similar across all options. I've stopped modifying intakes on my cars so not the best fan of this mod anymore.

A drop-in filter (K&N, aFe) could also give you part of the extra noise you're after for a fraction of the cost but there's the question of how effective filtering they offer in return...

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
  • LOVING Father , Sport&History NUT ,PROUD GTI owner
« Reply #32 on: 13 November 2017, 20:53 »
hi guys , really enjoyed reading this thread ...seeing as clearly you guys have considerable experience with remaps  could i ask your opinion ...?

Im due to get my new 7.5 GTI 6DSG in a cpl of weeks ...one of the first things I want to do and probably the only one is a stage 1 remap which from what Ive seen online will take the performance to a "ridiculous" level for half the price of a PP version and "close" to standard R ?  - Do you agree?

2. Should I work the engine for a few hundred miles prior to having this done ?

3. APR , REVO ....not really in the know but APR seems a front runner ? Any suggestions or advice ( Im in London)

4. Cost  - Been quoted 700 quid give or take ...is this the going rate for stage  1?

5 is it worth it ...honestly ?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions !!

7.5 GTI  DSG White Silver

Offline Poached

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 14 November 2017, 09:57 »
I’d strongly advise you to have the car flashed back to stock before taking the car into the dealer. The VW diagnostic system can detect any changes to the software from standard. This is then updated by the VW central system and a record created that non-standard software was found on the vehicle. That could impact any future warranty claim.

As a Revo dealer, I accept that customer cars will need to be flashed multiple times to keep the warranty intact. Generally I make no charge to my customers for this, as it’s good customer service. But I can’t speak for other dealers.

Hope this helps.

MikeP

Can you add the stock map settings to the SPS?