Author Topic: Jonrandom 1.8t TD05 16G build  (Read 91136 times)

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
Re: Jonrandom 1.8t TD05 16G build
« Reply #20 on: 14 December 2011, 19:39 »
It is christmas so 15p  :laugh:

Bargain, quoting this for evidence.  :grin:

Dam, this is not good buisness!

seriously though... i WANT!

how come you put the puck back in? vent to atmosphere FTW

Also are you running it the same as std. i.e maf, n75, recirc valve.

could you run it, MBC and mafless setup with BOV?

Nothing is in properly at the mo just there for show in the pictures but I put it back as standard cause thats only what I know. What so from the catch can vent to atmos cause ill take it out if it doesnt have to be there and wont cause probs?

Ive got a HKS Evc 6 electronic boost controller yet to fit so was wondering whether to keep the n75 or not but without the n75 surely it going to take alot of setting up on the ebc?

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 14 December 2011, 19:41 »
WOW!

should go into business making the downpipe, manifold, inlet and charge pipe!

Thanks, im thinking about it to be honest. Just need to get it finished and see what power it can produce then maybe start making a kit for these turbos.

You already got your first customer if you do  :wink:

Apparently that turbo i bought, was originally on a 1.8 16v clio and started spooling about 3k, and full boost by 4? Any truth in that?

Build me a t25 kit please   :afro: :cool:

No idea I dont know much about the turbo what are the specs? were these the ones from cossies?

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 14 December 2011, 19:53 »
i vent to atmosphere.

your not ment to, because of emissions. But i just have a long tube into the wing. same with charcoal canister delete, just vent to wing.

Hmmm not really sure. Ask R-tech, carbonchiptuning, or some of the other guys that know about mapping. as you will NEED a custom map.

Defo wont vent to atmos these engines dont like it. I think ill just keep the n75 and put the ebc in as well. I know ill defo need a map I dont know whether I want to even start it without it being at the tuners. Guess I gotta make sure it works tho!

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 14 December 2011, 20:05 »
WOW!

Thanks, im thinking about it to be honest. Just need to get it finished and see what power it can produce then maybe start making a kit for these turbos.

Apparently that turbo i bought, was originally on a 1.8 16v clio and started spooling about 3k, and full boost by 4? Any truth in that?

No idea I dont know much about the turbo what are the specs? were these the ones from cossies?

I think they might be, it certainly has a Cosworth actuator aparently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260908986816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1202

All i know at the min, t25 with t28 shaft.

If it will make full boost by 4k, the build will be a go, go, go i think.
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 14 December 2011, 20:10 »
ment vent catch can to atmosphere.

they dont like venting the recirc valve to atmosphere.

all the catch tank is is fumes. increase mpg slightly if you vent to atmos

sorry didnt make myself clear

Ok yeah I thought you ment the dump valve. Ok nice got a little filter from the guy who had the car before me using it with the 007  :rolleyes:

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 14 December 2011, 20:16 »
WOW!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260908986816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1202

Yeah just had a little look on it I was thinking of the t3/4 that have massive lag. The T 25 seems all good. Good mate glad your gonna do it and finally grown some balls!  :laugh:

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 14 December 2011, 20:57 »
WOW!

Yeah just had a little look on it I was thinking of the t3/4 that have massive lag. The T 25 seems all good. Good mate glad your gonna do it and finally grown some balls!  :laugh:

Shocking video, but seems it does start its spool at 3k..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUZNbFIs-0&feature=related

PM coming your way  :laugh:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 December 2011, 21:47 »
how you expecting the td05 to spool? what psi do they run?

Pretty well. Max psi is about 22 I think. . Its a quick spooling turbo, ball bearing mixed with it being twin scroll and twin scroll manifold should start spooling about 2.5/3k and be getting anywhere from 320-350bhp. Cant wait!!  :laugh:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #28 on: 14 December 2011, 22:46 »
how you expecting the td05 to spool? what psi do they run?

Pretty well. Max psi is about 22 I think. . Its a quick spooling turbo, ball bearing mixed with it being twin scroll and twin scroll manifold should start spooling about 2.5/3k and be getting anywhere from 320-350bhp. Cant wait!!  :laugh:

noicccccce. i want

Best start saving that 15p  :grin:

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 15 December 2011, 22:05 »
Well I just got quoted nearly £300 make a 3" exhaust just from after the centre box and including back box. So nope im not gonna pay that. I got a subaru full 3" exhaust for £90 so have used half of it so far for downpipe, sports cat and middle section, looks like im gonna use the rest of it and make it up myself.

No it wont have a 10" wide tail pipe or what ever they have!? Gonna cut it off and put a nice normal sized oval.