Author Topic: New website  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Thewaxman

• Not said much yet
New website
« on: 11 January 2009, 08:21 »
Chaps.

After years of hard work (3 weeks  :rolleyes:) Lots of effort and load of help from James (BobMcBob) The new all singing, all dancing WaxPoetic website will be live on Monday 12th!!   :smiley: :smiley:

Bigger,better and more friendly than before, check it out @ www.waxpoetic.co.uk

Cheers

Dom
Dom Byard
info@waxpoetic.co.uk
www.waxpoetic.co.uk
07976 008913

Offline player.777

• Here all the time
Re: New website
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2009, 08:38 »
Nice looking website.  TBH I didn't see the original one so can not compare- I have one comment, which is a pet peave of mine- when I click on a 'click to enlarge' image tab, not all of the products are larger- some not at all.  Particualrly, the clay kits- the buckets are far larger, but just a small point for you, that some products do not enlarge, the image is the same size, it just opens again, the same size in a seperate window.  Website looks great though, and will certainly be looking to buy when the season allows for a lot of TLCing.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2009, 13:20 »
good effort.

are you offering a discount to forum members?

re: images. I would use thumbnails for thumbnails and resize your other images... they increase load time otherwise.

Offline Thewaxman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2009, 14:03 »
The image issue is in hand. Going to use the coding from the old site for that,it's on the list. Also on the 'to do' list is the discount code system for clubs / forums. It is in the pipe line along with many improvments to the site in general. but Im happy with whats there for now.

Thanks for the feed back, there will be a few thing happening for Feb, watch this space.

Dom
Dom Byard
info@waxpoetic.co.uk
www.waxpoetic.co.uk
07976 008913

Offline azzrobz

• Here all the time
  • Mk3 GTi 16v Anni
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2009, 10:47 »
Good job, another thing is the text seems to be too small, plus its kinda hard to read when in red against the dark grey background, not so bad with the light grey

Offline Thewaxman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2009, 11:09 »
Noted. Thanks for the feed back.    :smiley:
Dom Byard
info@waxpoetic.co.uk
www.waxpoetic.co.uk
07976 008913

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2009, 23:37 »
Good job, another thing is the text seems to be too small, plus its kinda hard to read when in red against the dark grey background, not so bad with the light grey

Make that red text the same red as the banner, like the Maroon like colour, be much easier to read, not so harsh on the eyes then :)