Author Topic: Stinks Aldi  (Read 13610 times)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
Re: Stinks Aldi
« Reply #30 on: 21 August 2011, 09:54 »
cheers all, it does need a little drop next thing is to wrap the chrome grill and the wood trim onthe inside as well

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 21 August 2011, 16:22 »
Quick Snap

A3 140 TDI by jenkinsjoe00, on Flickr

Look at the colour the dirty derv has made the sky!  :grin:

I was gonna say, those first photos were rubbish by your standards, glad to see you had time for a "quick snap", which is still better than many of us manage.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #32 on: 21 August 2011, 16:27 »
hahah yeah the first were just to show what i had got and well even yesterday that was a reall quick shoot will be taking some more at some point  :wink:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #33 on: 21 August 2011, 16:48 »
Joe, do you have a slight stone chip on the bonnet? Right next to where the top of the grill starts?

Great photo by the way, although seriously needs the lowering stick to be bashed on it.  :wink:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #34 on: 21 August 2011, 16:51 »
Joe, do you have a slight stone chip on the bonnet? Right next to where the top of the grill starts?

Great photo by the way, although seriously needs the lowering stick to be bashed on it.  :wink:
yeah there is a small stone chip need to attend to that and a few other minor marks  :smiley:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #35 on: 21 August 2011, 17:12 »
Great photo and it 100% needs lowering.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #36 on: 23 August 2011, 16:05 »
had a go at vinyl wrapping the split grill, was hard work far from perfect but will do for now :P

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 23 August 2011, 16:57 »
Its a right barsteward mate! My mate did mine and he's been on the car wrapping course and stuff and said it was tricky!

Did you take the silver bits away from the black? I thought getting the damn thing off the car and apart was enough of a ball ache lol

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #38 on: 23 August 2011, 17:57 »
Its a right barsteward mate! My mate did mine and he's been on the car wrapping course and stuff and said it was tricky!

Did you take the silver bits away from the black? I thought getting the damn thing off the car and apart was enough of a ball ache lol

the lower grill wasn't too bad but jesus christ the top one was near impossible! took my time and several attempts and managed to figure out what to push where lol

there are a few tiny creases and well ill see how long it lasts  :grin:

just trying to find this bloody boost leak now! one of the pipes, the one on the passenger side had a little play in it which im assuming is the cause for the pressure leaking out? think im going to have to call the garage i bought it from and get them to sort it! make the most of the warranty but will be with out a car . . . . .again

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #39 on: 23 August 2011, 17:59 »

the lower grill wasn't too bad but jesus christ the top one was near impossible! took my time and several attempts and managed to figure out what to push where lol

there are a few tiny creases and well ill see how long it lasts  :grin:

just trying to find this bloody boost leak now! one of the pipes, the one on the passenger side had a little play in it which im assuming is the cause for the pressure leaking out? think im going to have to call the garage i bought it from and get them to sort it! make the most of the warranty but will be with out a car . . . . .again

you sound like me not been so lucky so far..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)