Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789576 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #870 on: 18 June 2015, 06:29 »
What are you trying to do Adam??
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline adamgroves

• Not said much yet
« Reply #871 on: 18 June 2015, 09:23 »
I have the becautoparts (Ed) replica R headlights.

I'm trying to DIM the DRLs when the low beam is active.

I’ve change the dimming for the light function that I have the Daytime Running Lights assigned too for 'Leuchte4 TFL' and 'Leuchte5 TFL RB32 when the low beams are active.

However the DRLs don’t dim when the low beam is active.

However I have noticed that when I place the switch on sidelights the DRLs do dim and then when I move the switch to low beam the DRLs change back to full brightness.

So I’m thinking perhaps I need to dim the sidelights when the low beam is active.
2013 GT TDI DSG : Black : 18in Santiago Reps : Golf R Mirrors : Golf R Spoiler : LED Rear lights : GTD Sideskirts : DTUK CRD-T

Offline adamgroves

• Not said much yet
« Reply #872 on: 18 June 2015, 19:52 »
After some further testing tonight I realised I wasn't reducing the value enough to notice the difference in light output.

All sorted now.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2015, 12:25 by adamgroves »
2013 GT TDI DSG : Black : 18in Santiago Reps : Golf R Mirrors : Golf R Spoiler : LED Rear lights : GTD Sideskirts : DTUK CRD-T

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #873 on: 20 June 2015, 11:04 »
Is there anyone in the Exeter area able to do any VCDS changes? Id like to know what changes are recommended but I definetly like the DRL dipping when indicating.

Cheers

Ben
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #874 on: 20 June 2015, 20:44 »
Is there anyone in the Exeter area able to do any VCDS changes? Id like to know what changes are recommended but I definetly like the DRL dipping when indicating.

Cheers

Ben

What's the DRL dipping when indicating?  Sorry - I have gone back quite a few pages and can't find any mention of the tweak...
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #875 on: 21 June 2015, 09:01 »
What's the DRL dipping when indicating?  Sorry - I have gone back quite a few pages and can't find any mention of the tweak...

Not sure if you're asking what is it or how do you do it?

Its dimming the DRL like the Audis when indicating although most manufacturers are doing this now.
Not sure why it wasn't implemented on the GTD/I/R as it is on the other Golfs with halogen.

Here's the code courtesy of http://vcds.greg-roberts.com/view-entries

Go to [09] Central Electronics
    Go to Security Access and enter 31347
    Go to adaptation channels and set the following (they're quite far down the list):
        "Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2" to Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)
        "Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert GH 2" to 35
        "Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2" to minimize

"Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3" to Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)
        "Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3" to 35
        "Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3" to minimize

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #876 on: 21 June 2015, 11:42 »
Thanks P3asa.

Looked at a few YouTube vids to see the effect but it's difficult to records as the DRLs just seem to blink.  Maybe have a play with VCDS to see how it looks in real life.
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #877 on: 21 June 2015, 12:52 »
Looks good in real life, also makes the indicator a bit more visible.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #878 on: 29 June 2015, 09:34 »

Cheers

Ben

Dippy X
I believe that Ben is talking about "DRL wink". It's when the DRL turns off on the side that the turn-indicator blinks to accentuate the turn signal. Some folks like it, others don't (I like it).

As far as the tweak is concerned, the two DRLs are coded to the following two Leuchte channel sets:
Left DRL - 4TFL LB4
Right DRL -5TFL RB32

The abbreviation "TFL" stands for "Tagfahrlicht" which means "Day Time Running Light" and the Left/Right designations are "Links" for left and "Rechts" for right
"B4" and "B32" are the pin connections on the Body Control Module (i.e. Pin 4 and Pin 32 on Connector B)

Here's the default settings for the 2 DRLs on my mk7 which have DRL wink activated

The DRL wink happens because of channels ( 8 ), (10) and (11) which I have highlighted in blue in the pic.
Cheers
Don
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #879 on: 01 July 2015, 12:11 »
Thanks Don,

I made the change on Sunday - definately looks cool!

I find myself sitting in traffic now and messing with the indicators just to see the DRLS dim (from reflection)  :laugh: