Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654090 times)

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2440 on: 14 March 2015, 14:06 »
Took me a while but finally fitted them! I installed LED's at first but you can't adjust the brightness so swapped them for standard red lamps!

Had a few little things done with VCDS, alarm chirp, bluetooth, footwell lights, large speedo display and tear drop rear washer

That's weird, the brightness adjustment on mine works with LEDs.  Don't suppose it matters as red tinted bulbs give same end result anyway.

Not all LED's can be dimmed they are either on or off
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2441 on: 14 March 2015, 14:19 »
Took me a while but finally fitted them! I installed LED's at first but you can't adjust the brightness so swapped them for standard red lamps!

Had a few little things done with VCDS, alarm chirp, bluetooth, footwell lights, large speedo display and tear drop rear washer

That's weird, the brightness adjustment on mine works with LEDs.  Don't suppose it matters as red tinted bulbs give same end result anyway.

i put white leds in my footwells and can adjust the brightness also!  think i have mine turned right up also  :rolleyes:

been up to "juicy detailing" in durham (north east england) to get some of the following :

1) dodo juice purple haze soft wax
2) dodo juice lime prime polish
3) bilt hamber clay
4) a dc electric polisher
5) reload carpro silica spray
6) top up of some snow foam

might do so before and after shots. nothing getting done today as weather is pits! hopefulyl tomorrow a dry warm day (no wind) may see these all in use!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Would also say the guys up at the unit "juicy detailing" are great. more than enough time for you to explain all sorts!
You were in my neck of the woods. Im only about a mile away from Andrews place.

Today i booked mine in for an MOT. I took the day off to detail it but the weather decided it was still winter time and snowed!

aye? some lovely roads up that way! i get up around twice a year to stock up on the snow foam and other stuff. this time was a expensive trip  :grin:   Last week i got the whole car machine polished and then waxed. looked good. this week washed it and put the reload carpro silica spray. up to now feels like glass the paintwork! but very tough to rub in and buff off. see what its like when rain gets on it ey!   mot'd mine other week to up scotswood. £49  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2442 on: 14 March 2015, 16:19 »

Not all LED's can be dimmed they are either on or off

Never thought to check that when I ordered mine off ebay, tried two different types as well and both dimmed.  Must have struck lucky.

i put white leds in my footwells and can adjust the brightness also!  think i have mine turned right up also  :rolleyes:

Haha, I'm surprised they don't blind you at night!  I tried mine at various brightness settings and settled on 30%.  At anything over 70% it was too distracting, and with them being red, the inside looked like a seedy mobile disco  :rolleyes:

Last week i got the whole car machine polished and then waxed. looked good. this week washed it and put the reload carpro silica spray. up to now feels like glass the paintwork! but very tough to rub in and buff off. see what its like when rain gets on it ey! 

...and where are the pictures  :whistle:  :wink:

The carpro reload is similar to the dodo juice red mist spray I sometimes use.  If it's any consolation that's also a pig to apply and buff off, does look good though but I hardly ever use it cos it's too much effort.  Think it's the same with most of these sealant sprays  :undecided:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2443 on: 14 March 2015, 17:05 »
A nice fresh set of Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front of the old motor. £108 each fitted. The old tyres weren't quite on the limit marker, but wow what a difference!

Tyre bloke said I could have had Conti's for a couple quid less. Or Michelins for a couple quid more, but with £30 cashback. Was tempted by the Michelins, but didn't want different tyres on front and rear.
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2444 on: 15 March 2015, 17:02 »

The brightness worked on my LED upgrade, but I found after a while of having them on 50% that they started to flicker, so I either have them on or off....

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2445 on: 15 March 2015, 17:09 »
Made the mistake of going away for the weekend, and not driving, so coming back down the M6 in a Punto I was nursing a hangover and pining over all the cars coming out of Ultimate dubs.  :undecided:

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #2446 on: 17 March 2015, 17:07 »
Bought this for the short commutes. MG TF  It'll prolong the life of my DPF filter  :grin:
« Last Edit: 18 March 2015, 01:34 by golfhappy »
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2447 on: 18 March 2015, 18:32 »
Off to a Ridgeway VW vip event on Friday to drool over the new Gti's. Shame I dot actually have any money to buy one!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2448 on: 18 March 2015, 21:06 »
Off to a Ridgeway VW vip event on Friday to drool over the new Gti's. Shame I dot actually have any money to buy one!

Ooh, that's a dangerous move  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2449 on: 19 March 2015, 08:19 »

So people do actually go to these events. I thought all of the invites would end up in the bin.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.