Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653893 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1830 on: 02 September 2014, 11:16 »
The thought of someone putting it through a car wash makes me shudder  :sick:

I know that one. I had been thinking about changing the Golf in the spring. I was talking to my cousin the other day about this and he said that he would like to buy it when the time came. Now he's not one for taking too much care of his cars, so I'm not sure that I could sell it to him. If it's sold and it's gone far away, that's one thing, but to see it around looking sorry for itself after all my hard work...I wouldn't like that one bit.

Much like my Mk2. That comes out of the garage to go to 2-3 shows a year. It's really not worth me having it, but I won't sell it. It's mine and I'm very protective of that. All part of my mentalness I guess.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1831 on: 02 September 2014, 12:08 »

I know that one. I had been thinking about changing the Golf in the spring. I was talking to my cousin the other day about this and he said that he would like to buy it when the time came. Now he's not one for taking too much care of his cars, so I'm not sure that I could sell it to him. If it's sold and it's gone far away, that's one thing, but to see it around looking sorry for itself after all my hard work...I wouldn't like that one bit.

Much like my Mk2. That comes out of the garage to go to 2-3 shows a year. It's really not worth me having it, but I won't sell it. It's mine and I'm very protective of that. All part of my mentalness I guess.

To those that know, it's understandable. To everyone else, it's something that can't be explained.  :smiley:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1832 on: 02 September 2014, 12:44 »

I know that one. I had been thinking about changing the Golf in the spring. I was talking to my cousin the other day about this and he said that he would like to buy it when the time came. Now he's not one for taking too much care of his cars, so I'm not sure that I could sell it to him. If it's sold and it's gone far away, that's one thing, but to see it around looking sorry for itself after all my hard work...I wouldn't like that one

Yeah, I completely understand you wanting to keep your lovely mk2 and the fears for the mk6.

I remember when my partner told me he'd seen my previous mk5 around town.  I was grilled him, asking how it looked, was the paintwork ok, etc, etc?  I've seen it myself twice since and it looks pretty well cared for which is a relief.

Being even more obsessive with my mk6, when it does go, I hope it goes far, far away, so I can't witness it's decline   :cry:
« Last Edit: 02 September 2014, 12:47 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1833 on: 02 September 2014, 13:04 »
Being even more obsessive with my mk6, when it does go, I hope it goes far, far away, so I can't witness it's decline   :cry:

If it's that nice a car (which it obviously is) why change it and let someone else get the benefit?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1834 on: 02 September 2014, 16:20 »

If it's that nice a car (which it obviously is) why change it and let someone else get the benefit?

Someone will get the benefit sooner or later, unless I keep it forever.

It's a lovely car, and I could easily hold onto it longer than 3 years, but I have an R itch that won't go away.  I almost bought the mk6 R but let my partner talk me out it as he thought it looked too bland compared to the GTI.  There was always the intention to go for a mk7 once it had been out a while.  The mk7 GTI doesn't really excite me and the R desire remains, so an R it will be.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1835 on: 02 September 2014, 16:43 »
Just had the car in at Vw skipton for a minor service, told Ben at servicing that I was concerned with the chain tensioner, he told me to bring the car in the night before so a couple of the technicians could listen to it on a cold start up, got a call this morning saying that there was a small chatter on start up and they are now liaising with the warranty company to have all the offending articles replaced, I would like to thank RocketRoss who recommended I go see Ben as at Vw skipton as they are understanding when comes to cars that a modified that other dealers would straight away say that certain things would invalidate your warranty, and the service was excellent, even got a brand new polo to shoot around for a couple of days in!
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1836 on: 02 September 2014, 16:58 »
Just had the car in at Vw skipton for a minor service, told Ben at servicing that I was concerned with the chain tensioner, he told me to bring the car in the night before so a couple of the technicians could listen to it on a cold start up, got a call this morning saying that there was a small chatter on start up and they are now liaising with the warranty company to have all the offending articles replaced, I would like to thank RocketRoss who recommended I go see Ben as at Vw skipton as they are understanding when comes to cars that a modified that other dealers would straight away say that certain things would invalidate your warranty, and the service was excellent, even got a brand new polo to shoot around for a couple of days in!

Yep great guy and great garage, I will be taking mine there again in January. Good look Richard, I hope they can push it through for you.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1837 on: 02 September 2014, 18:06 »
Continued with decontamination (iron and tar remover), claying and polishing.  Due to time pressures, having to do the car in stages.  Front and rear all done now, sides still to do.

Also tested a couple of new claying products and did a water beading/sheeting update for my wax comparison thread in the detailing section.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1838 on: 03 September 2014, 23:46 »
Did a full oil and filter change (im going to do them every 5k now my engine is on 50K+ miles)

Went with Millers NanoDrive Race Oil this time as it so highly rated by a lot of tuners, so we will see how I get on with it,

Cutting it close though, should have bought the larger version  :undecided:

« Last Edit: 03 September 2014, 23:53 by RocketRossUK »
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1839 on: 04 September 2014, 07:54 »
If you are going to be changing your oil that often, I'd invest in an oil extractor.

sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productid=8516&productdescription=&productcode=&category=2&catgroup=258&catmicrogroup=1491&analysiscode=&requiredresults=16