Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653509 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1740 on: 02 August 2014, 15:44 »

Bec, send me an email to remind me (work address) and I'll send you a WOWO sample of their water only clay to try.

Ginge

Cheers Neil, that'd be great, I'll drop you an email. 

If it's half as good as the WOWO wash mitt, I have very high hopes for it  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1741 on: 03 August 2014, 00:56 »
^^
They look really good  :cool:

Thanks! I love em

Got some similar pics of my xenons at night and yours look spot on in comparison, very oem.

Haha thanks! I know OEM ones are slightly different colour. Around 4300k I believe. I wanna see a side by side comparison in person, sometimes i get paranoid that my LED's may be too bright but thankfully I haven't been pulled over yet! Believe it or not, a couple weeks ago i got pulled over for doing 30 in a 30! the police said I was driving suspiciously and i should hurry up :S
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1742 on: 03 August 2014, 06:56 »
Not with all the police camera vans and county cars about checking speeding you shouldn't.  Think they are having a big clamp down in the northeast.
The lights look ok not likely to get stopped for them as mercs ones are blinding as are some of the audi ones and the police would just think yours are oem.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1743 on: 04 August 2014, 13:18 »
Out with the old lines, in with some sexy HEL Blue ones - Also gave the calipers a quick 2 coats to spruce them back up.

MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1744 on: 04 August 2014, 16:27 »
A clean and first go with the DA  :smiley:

Wheels just washed with Dodo Juice BTBM as Gtechniq C5 and regular top ups with FK1000p have kept these well protected. Rest of the car was also washed with BTBM and then gone over with Auto Finesse Finale. Exhausts polished with Megs NXT Metal Polish, trims done with Auto Finesse Revive and glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass. Tyres dressed with Zaino Z16.

Focus was on the rear spoiler for polishing today, as I wanted to focus on a small section, take my time and see how it went. Result picture here is after passes with Poorboys SSR2.5 on an Orange CG Hexlogic pad, then SSR2 on a Green Hexlogic followed by SSR1 on a White Hexlogic. Finally protected with three coats of Sonax BSD and then two coats of Fk1000p. The amount of actual correction done is hard to see and even harder to photograph at the min (I have a sun gun arriving on Thurs) but I'm pretty happy with the gloss seen here  :smiley::

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1745 on: 04 August 2014, 17:30 »
A clean and first go with the DA  :smiley:

Wheels just washed with Dodo Juice BTBM as Gtechniq C5 and regular top ups with FK1000p have kept these well protected. Rest of the car was also washed with BTBM and then gone over with Auto Finesse Finale. Exhausts polished with Megs NXT Metal Polish, trims done with Auto Finesse Revive and glass cleaned with AG Fast Glass. Tyres dressed with Zaino Z16.

Focus was on the rear spoiler for polishing today, as I wanted to focus on a small section, take my time and see how it went. Result picture here is after passes with Poorboys SSR2.5 on an Orange CG Hexlogic pad, then SSR2 on a Green Hexlogic followed by SSR1 on a White Hexlogic. Finally protected with three coats of Sonax BSD and then two coats of Fk1000p. The amount of actual correction done is hard to see and even harder to photograph at the min (I have a sun gun arriving on Thurs) but I'm pretty happy with the gloss seen here  :smiley::

looks really good Mr Seabrook  :evil:my exhaust tips are bogging at the mo so just need motivation and they might look half as good as yours
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1746 on: 04 August 2014, 17:39 »
Cheers Charlie, they could still do with a bit of work close up, but getting the DA on the car at last was the priority today, especially seeing the weather that's in store for the rest of the week (typical when I have a week off and want to make some progress lol!). I've just noticed too that I haven't got rid of that dealer sticker in the rear screen yet, I have a feeling someone will bug me about that  :drool:

Edit: Didn't mention in the main post but the rest of the car (i.e. not the wheels and spoiler) is wearing Gtechniq C2v3 with Collinite 845 over the top applied a couple of months back.
« Last Edit: 04 August 2014, 17:41 by seabrook132 »

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1747 on: 04 August 2014, 17:59 »
Well I could always pm her but I think it won't be long till she notices :grin:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1748 on: 04 August 2014, 18:01 »
No I don't expect it will be long either  :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1749 on: 04 August 2014, 19:52 »
What sticker? 

:grin: (my ears were burning).  I'm disappointed you haven't got a collection of Magic tree air fresheners hanging from the rear view mirror to compliment it. 

Joking aside, it looks stunning, especially the spoiler - top job  :cool:  Tornado red always looks amazing when properly detailed, it has gloss like no other colour.  I'm quite envious when I see pictures like yours.  I've never been tempted to get a red car though, not sure why??  :huh:

How did the hex logic pads hold up?  What size did you use on spoiler, 5.5" or 4"?  I'm in the market for some new pads, so just picking your brain.  I see you went straight in with the SSR 2.5 and then moved onto less abrasive compounds.  Were you not tempted to start with the less abrasive and step up from there, or were the swirls enough to warrant the heavier stuff first?  For exhaust tips, recommend Mothers Mag and Aluminium polish. It's brilliant for getting rid of stubborn carbon deposits, my previous combo of Auto Finesse metal polish / Autosol and 000 grade steel wool, has been consigned to the bin.

Can't wait to see the end result when you've done the whole car.  In the meantime, shoot over here and do mine, it's in desperate need of a decon and polish and I just don't know when I'm going to find the time to do it  :undecided:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11