Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654304 times)

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1340 on: 27 February 2014, 07:09 »
That's seriously fast :evil:

How much fun could you now have if you strip the .:R bumpers etc off and make it look like a basic 2.0tdi and go supercar baiting   :grin:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1341 on: 01 March 2014, 20:39 »
Washed and hoovered the poor old car for the first time this year. It looks spot on in the sun, but look closely and the lower sides and tailgate are splattered with tar. It made me feel quite dishartend until I looked at everyone elses cars going by.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #1342 on: 01 March 2014, 20:45 »
Fitted an led interior light kit looks awesome! And took the four vancouvers off clean inside wheel and face polished and waxed job well done :)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1343 on: 01 March 2014, 21:10 »
Washed and hoovered the poor old car for the first time this year. It looks spot on in the sun, but look closely and the lower sides and tailgate are splattered with tar. It made me feel quite dishartend until I looked at everyone elses cars going by.

First clean this year  :shocked:

When I washed mine Monday, could feel loads of tar spots on lower panels, fortunately can't see 'em, but they're there :angry:  Needs a good claying come springtime.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1344 on: 01 March 2014, 21:20 »
Moved it out the garage  :grin:
So I could pull the leon in to clean its interior for the first time this year.  :embarrassed:

The plan today due to the rare calm lack of wind weather was to clean the exterior of the 4 cars ive got at home but a freak hail storm then a splash down of rain at midday put pay to that after doing car number 2  :sad:
The Mk6 and Mk1 will have to wait till next weekend  :sad:

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1345 on: 02 March 2014, 08:14 »

First clean this year  :shocked:

I've been taking the minimal contact approach to the extreme.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline spiderman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1346 on: 02 March 2014, 08:49 »

When I washed mine Monday, could feel loads of tar spots on lower panels, fortunately can't see 'em, but they're there :angry:  Needs a good claying come springtime.

WD40 is the best thing i've found for removing tar, spray it on, leave it a few mintues and then rub off the spots, you might need more on the cloth if they are stubborn, but it works better and is much easier than clay. Just have to wash it afterwards and then polish. :cool:

Sandy
Looking something classic

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1347 on: 02 March 2014, 09:32 »

WD40 is the best thing i've found for removing tar, spray it on, leave it a few mintues and then rub off the spots, you might need more on the cloth if they are stubborn, but it works better and is much easier than clay. Just have to wash it afterwards and then polish. :cool:

Sandy

Hmm, interesting, never thought of using WD40, normally use Tardis.  I was planning to give it a full going over at Easter, including applications of IronX, Tardis, followed by claying, polishing and waxing, as well as washes in-between the various stages.  Setting aside 2/3 days under cover to do it all.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #1348 on: 02 March 2014, 11:48 »
Lifted my bonnet to check oil, washers & empty catch can only to find that the foam element of my Revo cone filter had come apart and fell off  :angry:
Made a call to the supplier and another one is on it's way under warranty, so if you've got one of these fitted best keep an eye on it ?

Ordered a replacement filter last Saturday and it turned up on Tues, turns out that they have had a problem with these and have now changed them, so anyone with the silver end on best keep an eye on them, new design is Black
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1349 on: 02 March 2014, 14:52 »

Sandy

Hmm, interesting, never thought of using WD40, normally use Tardis.  I was planning to give it a full going over at Easter, including applications of IronX, Tardis, followed by claying, polishing and waxing, as well as washes in-between the various stages.  Setting aside 2/3 days under cover to do it all.

I've got some GT85 in the garage, I might do a test with that. Both the red Golf and the Passat are in need of a post winter going over. The green Golf will be back from the bodyshop in a couple of weeks, so that will take over the duties of the pampered show and shine car, and with getting the house up together to put on the market, I really don't know when I'm going to find the time.