Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627418 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #370 on: 07 May 2013, 20:56 »
Alas I fear a new screen as a nice little crack as well  :cry:

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #371 on: 07 May 2013, 21:00 »
Bad times  :sad:
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #372 on: 07 May 2013, 21:32 »
Yesterday mine got a wet vac of the whole interior as one or two marks on the seats from my two young boys :shocked: and then the fabric was stain repelled with gtechniq i1 - really easy to apply - spray on and wipe off excess from surrounding plastics.

Left the car doors open for a few hours as the chemical smell was strong but all OK now!

Didn't get chance to wash the car as also deep cleaned Mrs Buck's car as that is the main monkey wagon.

Need to get two new tyres over the next few weeks so that'll be the next job [after washing it]...

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #373 on: 07 May 2013, 22:24 »
Alas I fear a new screen as a nice little crack as well  :cry:

Just had my windscreen replaced today due to a large stone chip, Auto Windscreens chap did a fantastic job, not a mark on the body work anywhere very professional. Not a genuine windscreen although the lady was correct it looks identical to the shading around the edges e.t.c. The rain sensor was tested by the auto windscreens chap and every thing.  He even commented on my poorly fitted mic wire for the retro fitted Bluetooth so he tucked it in better. :rolleyes: (I suppose its easier to tuck in the wire with the windscreen missing). The only thing I had to do was fix one of the wiper arms was in the slightly wrong position and re-fit a piece of the foam at the passenger side between the scuttle panel and the wing.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #374 on: 08 May 2013, 08:36 »
My near side wiper is sitting an inch or so higher than it did before I had the windscreen replaced too. Do you know how to correct this?
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #375 on: 08 May 2013, 14:13 »
My near side wiper is sitting an inch or so higher than it did before I had the windscreen replaced too. Do you know how to correct this?

Take the wiper arm off (being careful not to damage the bonnet) and move it clockwise by a couple of splines.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #376 on: 08 May 2013, 18:23 »
Had estimate back from body shop for following repairs:

Repair dent in passenger wheel arch and respray wing;  replace snapped fog light bracket (bumper off job);  polish out scuffs to bumper;  polish out scuffs to tailgate..........£689  :sad:

All inflicted by some idiot driver.  Will go ahead with repairs but not on insurance.

Also having wheels aligned at cost of £88

Had separate quote for painting rear diffuser gloss black.  An eye watering £287  :shocked:
Will give it a miss at that price.  May get alternative quotes for that at later date.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #377 on: 08 May 2013, 18:33 »
Had estimate back from body shop for following repairs:

Repair dent in passenger wheel arch and respray wing;  replace snapped fog light bracket (bumper off job);  polish out scuffs to bumper;  polish out scuffs to tailgate..........£689  :sad:

All inflicted by some idiot driver.  Will go ahead with repairs but not on insurance.

Also having wheels aligned at cost of £88

Had separate quote for painting rear diffuser gloss black.  An eye watering £287  :shocked:
Will give it a miss at that price.  May get alternative quotes for that at later date.

If they want that for the diffuser maybe the other work is overpriced too?
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #378 on: 08 May 2013, 18:37 »

Take the wiper arm off (being careful not to damage the bonnet) and move it clockwise by a couple of splines.

A little more info.

Put the wipers into service mode. (Ignition on then off and push down once on the stalk).
Open the bonnet.
Use an small screw driver in the notch provided to lift off the cap concealing the wiper arm nut.
Use a 13mm or spanner to remove nut.
I used two other spanners to place under the wiper arm to leave it off. It was well jammed on after the engineer had tightened it up.
Align the wiper arm about 1 inch from the side of the windscreen, place on splines loosely do up the nut.
Close bonnet trying not to crush any tools or fingers.
Ignition on push stalk down once. Wipers should park perfectly.
Open bonnet tighten nut.
Replace cap
Close bonnet
Pat on back for job well done.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #379 on: 08 May 2013, 18:44 »
^^^^^^
But he wants to realign the n/s wiper. That needs to be parked in the horizontal position. You can't do that if you've put them into the service position before taking them off.

Also, when you check them afterwards, they won't work unless the bonnet is fully closed. I thought I'd broken something after I'd adjusted mine.  :embarrassed:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.