Author Topic: CS45 or.... R  (Read 2449 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: CS45 or.... R
« Reply #10 on: 04 August 2021, 18:35 »
I sold my M2 Comp, we have a MK7 GTi, I tested a CS and R back to back (had the R for 24 hours also) and I would buy the R, its all year round useable

Yes, because FWD hatches suddenly become unusable for six months of the year.  :whistle:

Lol, obviously not but you can get the power down in the rain with 4WD, and we get lots of it :grin:

MK7 GTi

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 04 August 2021, 19:32 »
I’ve currently got a 7.5 R which I’m changing for the CS45. I’ve based my decision on a very short and not particularly inspirational test drive of a CS. Makes sense! I always wanted to get back into an anniversary gti after selling my ED35.

I know it’s not a Mk8 but my current R has been sensational. It’s absolutely brilliant and so different to the many Gti’s I’ve had. Scarily quick in the right situation and just never misses a beat. Never understand why some people say they’re dull. Being good at everything isn’t a flaw.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 04 August 2021, 22:18 »
Morning all,

As the title may suggest, I am in a dilemma, CS45 or Golf R? I am 80/20 leaning on the CS45.

Current car is an M2 competition, fabulous car and it really is, but ask me that again in the winter months..
if i was coming from an M2 i will goto New Audi RS3 or Golf R
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #13 on: 05 August 2021, 07:03 »
I think only the R doesn't auto upshift, the CS45 is basically a CS and that definitely upshifts.

The standard R will upshift at the limiter, if you spec the Performance Pack, it removes this and will not upshift at the limiter. All GTI models will upshift at the limiter, regardless of mode.

My little bit of advice on CS45 vs R....I have owned a CS40 and Mk7.5 R and currently own a Mk8 R Performance Pack, honestly, they are very different cars, my personal opinion is I would choose the Clubsport models over R models, this is based upon my own preference for a more interactive, engaging driving experience. In the real world, the Clubsport will feel just as quick, if not quicker due to the weight advantage. Traction won't be an issue as you learn to moderate the throttle...Given the choice, Clubsport everytime for me. (I have just ordered a CS45 myself as well)

You can get that fixed with a DSG tune though. TVS are your goto people for that.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #14 on: 05 August 2021, 07:05 »
I think only the R doesn't auto upshift, the CS45 is basically a CS and that definitely upshifts.

The standard R will upshift at the limiter, if you spec the Performance Pack, it removes this and will not upshift at the limiter. All GTI models will upshift at the limiter, regardless of mode.

My little bit of advice on CS45 vs R....I have owned a CS40 and Mk7.5 R and currently own a Mk8 R Performance Pack, honestly, they are very different cars, my personal opinion is I would choose the Clubsport models over R models, this is based upon my own preference for a more interactive, engaging driving experience. In the real world, the Clubsport will feel just as quick, if not quicker due to the weight advantage. Traction won't be an issue as you learn to moderate the throttle...Given the choice, Clubsport everytime for me. (I have just ordered a CS45 myself as well)

You can get that fixed with a DSG tune though. TVS are your goto people for that.

**Sorry, messed up the last post**

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 05 August 2021, 08:48 »
You have a Mk8R PP and are swapping to a 45 clubby?

Really? Already?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #16 on: 05 August 2021, 09:20 »

Really? Already?

Yes  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 05 August 2021, 09:22 by VW_Golf_nut »

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #17 on: 05 August 2021, 09:23 »

Really? Already?

Yes  :laugh:

My profile name isn't for nothing  :wink:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #18 on: 05 August 2021, 10:03 »
I guess the current market means that you won't lose much money doing that, so a good time to do it!

Have you driven a clubby yet?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #19 on: 05 August 2021, 10:21 »
I guess the current market means that you won't lose much money doing that, so a good time to do it!

Have you driven a clubby yet?

Yes, I drove one back in December, was impressed then but what persuaded me to the R was it felt VW had pushed more budget towards it, interior details, painted grills, Akrapovic etc, but when the CS45 came out, some of these have been addressed, Akrapovic, leatherette door cards etc...Having not long sold my CS40, I was hankering after another fwd hatch!