Author Topic: My R deserved a wash...  (Read 7986 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
My R deserved a wash...
« on: 08 February 2015, 16:56 »
Valet Pro ph neutral snow foam,
followed by a two bucket wash,
Poorboys EX-P Sealant
Poorboys Blue Natty Paste Wax
Poorboys Wheel sealant.
Not a swirl in sight other than the black trims between the doors.

I have to admit I am in love with the Limestone Grey... (Sorry Tornado Red but the metallic is just Gorgeous under the sun light).

Wash time
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

R
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

40 years Golf
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr
Anyone else have a 40 years Golf sticker?

Then it got dirty on the way to its photoshoot, flaming country lanes and muck at the side of the road.

Limestone
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

Pretoria Wheel
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

Ready to go
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

Lens Flare
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

R Badge and Wheel
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

Grey
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Jimmymature

Re: My R deserved a wash...
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2015, 17:53 »
Nice, love the colour.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2015, 17:56 »
Your Limestone grey doesn't look very Limestone Grey in those photos - more like somewhere between Reflex Silver and Carbon Grey. Does it change much in the light? I've seen a few SE/GT Golfs in that colour in the flesh and they all have that champagne/bronze tinge about them i'm not seeing here.

You can't beat the glow of a clean metallic/pearl finish on a sunny day.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2015, 18:18 »
It changes a lot in the light and does have a bronze look. Just depends the angle you look at it from. Sometimes it looks more grey.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2015, 20:17 »
Looks superb ajmoir, fantastic job  :cool:

Love the close up shots that really show the metallic flake  :tongue:

Natty's Blue not going to go to waste then by the looks of it  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2015, 20:34 »
The metallic flake is very nice. Nattys blue is all good and nicely waxed the paint. Need a little warning though as it was 4 degrees when i started. Pleased with the lack of swirls on the paint though.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2015, 11:14 »
Looks awesome ajmoir, great car and detail job.

Personally I would like to see the the car+landscape shots without HDR though - stunning backdrop for a shoot!

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 09 February 2015, 18:13 »
Agreed will sort some out.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 09 February 2015, 19:08 »

Personally I would like to see the the car+landscape shots without HDR though..

That's partly why I prefer the close up pics  :wink:

I'd also be interested to see some landscape shots car of your car without HDR.  I've never been a great fan of HDR and some of the characteristics of that type of photography.  Though it can be great for adding drama and atmosphere, imo it can have a tendency to look 'over processed' with a lot of chromatic aberration. 

If you do some non HDR shots be sure to post them up  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 09 February 2015, 19:49 »
Due to popular demand non-HDR pics. Much more bronzey.

Raw Limestone Grey
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

Raw Limestone Grey
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr

Raw Limestone Grey
by Techie_Ali, on Flickr