Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2788128 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7780 on: 24 December 2017, 19:03 »
:sad: Didn't put the lance properly on my pressure washer...now have a lovely 'end of lance shaped' dint on my wing...when it's light I might have to take a photo and seek your opinions on best way of getting it fixed. I was hoping it might just suction out but it's right near a crease.

Oh dear Pixwix, hope it does get sorted easily :sad:

Ouch! :shocked: Not the sort of early Christmas present anyone would want.

If the paint’s unbroken, it’ll hopefully be easily sorted by a good paintless dent removal (PDR) technician.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7781 on: 24 December 2017, 19:31 »
:sad: Didn't put the lance properly on my pressure washer...now have a lovely 'end of lance shaped' dint on my wing...when it's light I might have to take a photo and seek your opinions on best way of getting it fixed. I was hoping it might just suction out but it's right near a crease.

Oh no!  Post up a pic.  Is it on the actual crease?  PDR might depend on if it can be accessed from the underside.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Alun

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7782 on: 24 December 2017, 20:05 »
Put my Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG into Sport Mode for the first time since ownership of just over a month ago.
What a Christmas present I just love it  :smiley: :laugh:

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7783 on: 24 December 2017, 20:17 »

Ouch, a least from now on when you change the lance end you will point it away from the car the first time you pull the trigger.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7784 on: 24 December 2017, 20:20 »
Put my Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG into Sport Mode for the first time since ownership of just over a month ago.
What a Christmas present I just love it  :smiley: :laugh:

Get yourself a pedalbox Alun and every day can be Christmas Day! :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7785 on: 24 December 2017, 20:24 »
I did the same thing but luckily I wasn't pointing it at the car at the time it flew off.
Gutted for you mate :sad:
« Last Edit: 24 December 2017, 22:03 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7786 on: 24 December 2017, 20:26 »
Can't get a photo uploaded ..
Of course every other time I always point away from car, think I started doing that having read a similar post from another forum poster! Hopefully I won't now follow it up with the 'trip and scratch car' post I also remember reading :smiley:

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7787 on: 24 December 2017, 21:29 »
Have you tried the boiling hot water method (I’ve never tried it myself)

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7788 on: 24 December 2017, 22:13 »

Sorry :embarrassed: I've only tried the one but it was well recommended and does work very well - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/foam-pre-wash/valet-pro-advanced-neutral-snow-foam/prod_1087.html

Fitment for the Nilfisk - iirc (sorry, I realise that's a little short on the helpful front) it's the Nilfisk/Kew/Alto bayonet. Definitely a bayonet fitting and it's not the pro connector and I'm pretty sure it's not the quick release so 95% sure it's the bayonet. A quick google of you pw model number should confirm it 100%. Happy snow foaming! Oh, and don't use too much or you'll be snow foaming for ages to use it up, I end up with it everywhere, on me, over my plants, in the house and the pw usually gets a good covering too!

Thanks again Watts and also to Booth regarding the snow foam.

Just placed an order for the lance and the ValetPro foam.  :smiley:

Cheers for the advice peeps, very much appreciated and have a great Christmas (that's to everyone)   :grin:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7789 on: 24 December 2017, 22:27 »
No problems dave, enjoy :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.