Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787800 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5880 on: 22 January 2017, 17:38 »
Yeah I like that and was all set to pull the plug on them, then I stumbled across someone moaning in the forums about the missing light.
Its a shame because its a decent mod.

Apologies if my first post is a dumb one but what part of the light doesn't light with the Audi style indicator adapters fitted?

I have a GTD coming in March(it's actually in Grimsby at the minute) and this was one of the things I was looking to get.

You can see it here. On the outside cluster, one of the LEDs that's shared with the indicator strip doesn't light up red. The loom works by restricting power to the outer LED's and this is one of the side effects I guess.

If it doesn't bother you, I'll sell you mine at a good discount!

Right I see now, yes that would really bother me especially as I tend to run with my lights on all the time.

Thanks for the offer though.

I have had a good look at the rear lights in more detail and I'm not so sure it would bother me. Do you still have it Joe?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #5881 on: 22 January 2017, 18:35 »
I have this  dynamic indicator mod and I'm really impressed,they do give the impression of sweeping like the Audi ones do it's no biggy that a couple of led's are sacrificed.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5882 on: 22 January 2017, 19:44 »
Yeah I like that and was all set to pull the plug on them, then I stumbled across someone moaning in the forums about the missing light.

Apologies if my first post is a dumb one but what part of the light doesn't light with the Audi style indicator adapters fitted?

I have a GTD coming in March(it's actually in Grimsby at the minute) and this was one of the things I was looking to get.

You can see it here. On the outside cluster, one of the LEDs that's shared with the indicator strip doesn't light up red. The loom works by restricting power to the outer LED's and this is one of the side effects I guess.

Right I see now, yes that would really bother me especially as I tend to run with my lights on all the time.

I have had a good look at the rear lights in more detail and I'm not so sure it would bother me. Do you still have it Joe?

I do indeed! I think they cost me €110 delivered. I'll sell them for €75 delivered (or whatever that is in STG!)
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #5883 on: 22 January 2017, 21:37 »

I do indeed! I think they cost me €110 delivered. I'll sell them for €75 delivered (or whatever that is in STG!)

Consider them bought in that case. As for the conversion to £'s, after the Brexit it will probably cost me £76 :rolleyes:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5884 on: 22 January 2017, 21:54 »
Good stuff, I sent you a PM there  :smiley:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5885 on: 23 January 2017, 15:05 »
Good work, nice car red really suits the GTI

Cheers JamesR :smiley: My first red car and I really love it!

Those mirror caps look great!

Thanks Margy, just a wrap, cheap, easy and looks good! Plus easily and cheaply changed if I want - maybe gloss black next.

Have a try with gloss black, I've got gloss black on my red GTD, matches the black on the wheels and the pan roof perfect and looks more OEM IMO.  :cool:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5886 on: 23 January 2017, 15:25 »
Good work, nice car red really suits the GTI

Cheers JamesR :smiley: My first red car and I really love it!

Those mirror caps look great!

Thanks Margy, just a wrap, cheap, easy and looks good! Plus easily and cheaply changed if I want - maybe gloss black next.

Have a try with gloss black, I've got gloss black on my red GTD, matches the black on the wheels and the pan roof perfect and looks more OEM IMO.  :cool:

Thanks, probably will at some point but happy with the cf look and want to get my moneys worth first :wink:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5887 on: 26 January 2017, 16:41 »
Not done, but spotted these today:

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/exterieur-dynamic-indicator-light-volkswagen-golf-7-dynamic-turn-signal-dyna-blink.htm

Apart from the sweep I rather like the smoked finish. Very tempting. Also noted that they are selling the Clubsport Brescia's for about 1300ish Euros now.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline grose

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5888 on: 27 January 2017, 10:16 »
Whilst I didn't do it myself, my paint was looking a little tired, so I had a paint correction detail carried out yesterday and this was sealed with Kamikaze Miyabi Coat and has a layer of TAC Systems Quartz Max on top too.

As the 2nd owner of the car, I had noticed there were quite a few swirl marks and a few scratches but these have come out brilliantly and the beading effect of the coat and Quartz Max are superb. I am hoping it will result in spending a few less hours cleaning the thing!

A few pics if anyone is interested:

MK7 GTI PP

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5889 on: 27 January 2017, 10:38 »
Looks great grouse. I love a freshly detailed black car.  :cool:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl