Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2787865 times)

Offline tictap

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4190 on: 07 April 2016, 09:00 »
Badgeskins recently fitted, I have the performance pack fitted but with being a 63 plate no red badges which I love so thought I'd try these first rather than change the badges. Must say dead easy to fit and good quality. Really pleased with the results.

MK7 GTI, Keyless, Pano Roof, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Leather Interior, Winter Pack, Performance Pack

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #4191 on: 07 April 2016, 22:03 »
Had my Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tyres swapped over to 4 brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4's.  :laugh: :laugh:

They are a revelation. I've only done 10 miles on them so far but the reduced road noise, the ride comfort, the response and the grip are exceptional! I'm scrubbing them in for a couple of hundred miles before driving hard on them, but half throttle acceleration is smooth and effortless where the Bridgestones would have been spinning up and tramping.

If I ever buy a car with Bridgestones as standard, I'll be budgeting to swap them before I collect the car.

Over the coming weeks I'll also be fitting new discs and pads all round (Brembo items), and giving it it's spring detail. I'll be hoping to refinish the hubs and calipers too if I can find the time.

What's the rim protector like it doesn't look very good?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline CARMAD KEV

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4192 on: 07 April 2016, 22:14 »
Fitted the red GTI badge to the front grill tonight. I just think it looks nicer.

Bought a genuine part on ebay for £25.00 and removed the grill (2 torx screws) brought it into the house and swapped the badge over.

Wife had a fit when she seen me taking parts off her car!

Will fit the rear one at the weekend as that will take a bit longer and require a hair drier and some dental floss.

Again a genuine part from ebay for £25.00

Original Silver ones will be on ebay in due course!
DEEP PEARL BLACK 5 DOOR GTI (STANDARD SPEC) 6/4/16

CARBON BLACK 520D M SPORT SALOON (AUTO)
MILE MUNCHING COMPANY CAR 1/5/15

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #4193 on: 07 April 2016, 22:24 »
Badgeskins recently fitted, I have the performance pack fitted but with being a 63 plate no red badges which I love so thought I'd try these first rather than change the badges. Must say dead easy to fit and good quality. Really pleased with the results.

Where did you get badge skins from?
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4194 on: 07 April 2016, 22:27 »

Much better :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4195 on: 07 April 2016, 22:36 »

You can get them from here http://www.badgeskins.com/
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4196 on: 07 April 2016, 22:41 »
Bought one of these to keep in the Golf in case of a puncture.
Really didn't think it would fit underneath the car, but it did and works wonderfully...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190963177778?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Got to be better than the supplied jack, especially if you are pushed for access ie parked 18'' away from another car in the Trafford centre car park :whistle:

5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4197 on: 07 April 2016, 22:53 »
Looks good and yes, the supplied jack is a pain not to mention the skinned knuckles... Does it lift in the same place or elsewhere?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4198 on: 08 April 2016, 07:18 »
Looks good and yes, the supplied jack is a pain not to mention the skinned knuckles... Does it lift in the same place or elsewhere?
It just goes on the inner sill where the supplied jack goes. I'm sure it can be used further under the car on suitable jacking areas.
The head of the jack is only about 30mm or so across but it works a treat and lifts the car rapidly.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline tictap

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4199 on: 08 April 2016, 09:00 »

You can get them from here http://www.badgeskins.com/

Yeah that's the place, great service and quick delivery considering coming from the states.
MK7 GTI, Keyless, Pano Roof, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Leather Interior, Winter Pack, Performance Pack