Author Topic: Is the 7.5 Discover Pro worth the extra  (Read 6522 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Is the 7.5 Discover Pro worth the extra
« Reply #20 on: 11 September 2017, 17:03 »
it's called personalization Fred - making the car your own. Yes, we all know you don't get the money back on options, but if you are planning on keeping the car longer than 3 or so years, why not have a spec you really want and not one that you are constantly wishing you had added something to ?

If the OP can afford it, then why not ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 11 September 2017, 18:12 »
ok thanks for the in-put.

The spec I'm looking at is:

Estate
Oryx White
Up rated sound
Rear cam
Black mirrors and bars
Heated front screen

Think I'll save some cash and leave the standard head unit

Have normal white, its only white. In fact have purple, its free.
Dynaudio, well, it already makes a sound and unless you've heard them side by side, you won't notice the difference.
Rear cam? It comes with mirrors
Black mirrors? They still do the same thing.
Heated from screen? It comes with a heater.

What I'm saying is that all of the "extras" are questionable.... your car does them all already.
bet your a blast on shopping trips 😂😂😂

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 11 September 2017, 18:21 »
One of the first things I tick is the rear camera. For how much it costs it's an excellent option and well worth the money.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #23 on: 11 September 2017, 18:48 »
I love the rear camera and for the money it costs, you'd be mad not to spec it :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 11 September 2017, 19:35 »
Ya the rear cam is a must imo! Wouldn't be without. Video quality / clarity is brilliant on the new FL screens too.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Beezer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 11 September 2017, 21:08 »
One of the first things I tick is the rear camera. For how much it costs it's an excellent option and well worth the money.
I love the rear camera and for the money it costs, you'd be mad not to spec it :smiley:
Ya the rear cam is a must imo! Wouldn't be without. Video quality / clarity is brilliant on the new FL screens too.

One more good thing with the reversing camera is that it's hidden inside the VW badge. Not just from a visual point of view but a practical one. On my last two cars the cameras were permanently exposed so once winter came I was always having to clean them. Clever little design feature if you ask me.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #26 on: 11 September 2017, 21:18 »
What I meant was if NavPro doesn't add much, neither does pretty much any extra. You pay for it because you want it, not because its really any genuine use... go on, maybe a towbar because tying your caravan to the bumper with string definitely isn't police approved.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 11 September 2017, 21:28 »
What I meant was if NavPro doesn't add much, neither does pretty much any extra. You pay for it because you want it, not because its really any genuine use... go on, maybe a towbar because tying your caravan to the bumper with string definitely isn't police approved.
i got a tow bar, pull the handle and it swings out and just click it in place, most people ask what the little green light is for in the boot, shame I haven't got a trailer 😂😂😂, would be nice to try out the trailer assist tho

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 11 September 2017, 21:52 »
The standard unit is so slick. It seems it's possible to have two phones connected via Bluetooth at the same time too, which I don't believe is possible on the earlier MQB platform cars (like my previous Octavia vRS) without taking up the top media option.

MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #29 on: 12 September 2017, 03:08 »
ok thanks for the in-put.

The spec I'm looking at is:

Estate
Oryx White
Up rated sound
Rear cam
Black mirrors and bars
Heated front screen

Think I'll save some cash and leave the standard head unit

Have normal white, its only white. In fact have purple, its free.
Dynaudio, well, it already makes a sound and unless you've heard them side by side, you won't notice the difference.
Rear cam? It comes with mirrors
Black mirrors? They still do the same thing.
Heated from screen? It comes with a heater.

What I'm saying is that all of the "extras" are questionable.... your car does them all already.

I get what you're saying but the ones I want bring something for me.

I've had an Ibis white Audi and currently have a Pure White VW so Oryx is something a little different.
Read a fair few threads on other forums that the Dynaudio is fantastic. I feel for the price its a must have if I'm going to keep the car for a good few years.
Heated screen..... Well again, some thing I haven't had and would come in handy during winter months
Rear cam... just a handy thing to have with an estate type car
Black mirrors and bars.... goes with white better than the standard off chrome imho

Then you stuff like the Pro nav.....  This would be the most expensive option and after reading peoples input I don't think just having a bigger fancy screen does add that much for me. The 7.5 can have the nav in the clocks so do you really need a bigger nav screen? No doubt it looks great but the standard at 8" will do.

Thank you guys for your input
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints