Author Topic: Just Got My Build Week!  (Read 95136 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Just Got My Build Week!
« on: 05 February 2016, 19:55 »
So, after ordering on 16th of January, my build week has just appeared on the order tracker! It's down as the week commencing 22nd of February. I'm hoping this means I should have the car around the last week of March, so around 9 weeks total.

Car is a 5 door GTi DSG in Tungsten Silver, with Carplay and rear airbags. 😀
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: Just Got My Build Week!
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2016, 19:56 »
Same week as my GTD :)
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

physio

« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2016, 20:00 »
mine GTI  is build week 8  feb  then about 4 weeks to dealers 
 I have gone for tungsten silver as well  :smiley:

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2016, 20:05 »
Feel more impatient now than before I got the date! Can't wait!!!  :whistle:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2016, 22:27 »
Nice one, more excitement for you.

I ordered on the 28th Jan, and check the site multiple times a day looking for my build week  :grin:
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Still pining for:2009 BMW 330i M Sport Convertible

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5 on: 06 February 2016, 08:57 »
Do you need to ask your dealer for a build week or should they automatically inform you?
I've been meaning to speak to my dealer about this but just keep thinking that it's pointless as my car will be here when it's here.
I ordered mine on the 28th Dec
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 06 February 2016, 09:49 »
Its called managing expectations.

VW dealers will give you a provisional build week, if you ask, but this can obviously change to be earlier or later than expected so until a 'Confirmed Build Week' is set by the factory ( four weeks before production) its just an estimate.

Offline MattCupra

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 06 February 2016, 09:56 »
So, after ordering on 16th of January, my build week has just appeared on the order tracker! It's down as the week commencing 22nd of February. I'm hoping this means I should have the car around the last week of March, so around 9 weeks total.

Car is a 5 door GTi DSG in Tungsten Silver, with Carplay and rear airbags. 😀

Order my 5 door GTI PP in Carbon Grey on the 16/01 too, just been confirmed as build week 22/02.

I'm changing my 2014 GTD for a GTI.

Offline MattCupra

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 06 February 2016, 10:00 »
Do you need to ask your dealer for a build week or should they automatically inform you?
I've been meaning to speak to my dealer about this but just keep thinking that it's pointless as my car will be here when it's here.
I ordered mine on the 28th Dec

I dropped the sales guy an email and he sent me a nice little video to show me how to use the tracker and a link that goes straight to the tracker for my car.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 06 February 2016, 11:02 »
Its called managing expectations.

VW dealers will give you a provisional build week, if you ask, but this can obviously change to be earlier or later than expected so until a 'Confirmed Build Week' is set by the factory ( four weeks before production) its just an estimate.

My salesman set out the communication path from the outset.
Once a month until the order was accepted and estimated build week given.
Then, every two weeks until it was confirmed for build
Then, weekly.
Also, he said if anything significant changed in between times he would contact me and he kept his word.
Worked for me  :wink:
Lead times are getting shorter now so not long to wait. Use the time like lots of others on here and other forums do and start buying things for a car you haven't even got yet !!   :whistle: :laugh:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA