Author Topic: non OEM Xenons  (Read 21392 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: non OEM Xenons
« Reply #10 on: 15 October 2011, 19:43 »
Go for it as I am most interested too. If they work without any issues, I'll probably do the same.
Best of luck.  :smiley:

:laugh: Damn, I want my old car back now!!!  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 15 October 2011, 19:50 »
Go for it as I am most interested too. If they work without any issues, I'll probably do the same.
Best of luck.  :smiley:
:laugh: Damn, I want my old car back now!!!  :laugh:

Stop fishing you beatch.  :kiss:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 15 October 2011, 19:52 »
Moi?  :kiss:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 15 October 2011, 22:16 »
Thanks for the tip of were to see a review of the lights, found it, the only thing it seems with the lights is the LED's are not DRL's. They come on like a side light with the rears or with main lights on.

I think you could probably code it so they were on like DRL's

The lights say they have built in balasts, and an LED module hopefully this would stop any kind of blown bulb warning.

It wasnt mentioned anywhere about changing the BCM so im guessing these lights are wired so there is no need, ie not proper DRL's. Thats the only thing holding me back at the moment from getting them.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #14 on: 16 October 2011, 08:14 »
Anything is possible, buy them.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 16 October 2011, 10:08 »
The LEDs could be set to work as DRLs I'm sure, there are some differences in how our North American cousins' cars are set up from the factory so I'm sure with a bit of tinkering the LEDs could be made to work as you want them.

They definately don't need a BCM upgrade from what I've read, that's why they still have a halogen main beam inner lamp in that the vehicle's electronics don't have to be significantly modified to run them and they won't require AFS modules and the like.

Just get them aimed up at an MOT station and away you go (check your insurance don't get shirty with them first though, that was one of the things that held me back).

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 16 October 2011, 14:32 »
Thanks for the info, was having a look at some guides on how to change the headlights.
Didnt realise you had to take off the front bumper, which makes things a little harder to do. But not anything a bit of time and patience could solve.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 16 October 2011, 14:37 »
Thanks for the info, was having a look at some guides on how to change the headlights.
Didnt realise you had to take off the front bumper, which makes things a little harder to do. But not anything a bit of time and patience could solve.

That's a bit of a pain I know, but if SteveP is helping you, he's a master at this.
Just check with your Insurance company how much such a modification will affect your Premium.
I checked with mine - Admiral - and they were ok with this type of mod.

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 16 October 2011, 14:44 »
I think if i go for them SteveP will be the man to help me, sounds like he is a real VW master, once i actually buy the lights and ask him that is.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 16 October 2011, 14:48 »
I think if i go for them SteveP will be the man to help me, sounds like he is a real VW master, once i actually buy the lights and ask him that is.

He is the true master of all VW ceremonies and a really nice guy. I think he could build a Golf GTI from scratch and make a better job of it than VW.