Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2789913 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4470 on: 06 May 2016, 16:33 »
Been a busy day today, now rounded off by kerbing my front n/s alloy :angry: Not too bad though and thankfully the same one a scuffed a few weeks ago. Will have to think about a repair soon (once I've paid for the front wing respray :rolleyes:).
Oh no.  :sad:
I thought a bird pooping on you was supposed to be lucky?

So much for that scientific fact that my grandmother told me.

The sill protector looks good though. I really must get round to ordering one of these at some point, one day...

And I must get round to polishing my pipes too as Eccie's put mine to shame.
Which means I must get round to buying some metal polish at some point, one day...

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4471 on: 06 May 2016, 16:39 »
Been a busy day today, now rounded off by kerbing my front n/s alloy :angry: Not too bad though and thankfully the same one a scuffed a few weeks ago. Will have to think about a repair soon (once I've paid for the front wing respray :rolleyes:).

The sill protector looks good though. I really must get round to ordering one of these at some point, one day...

Which means I must get round to buying some metal polish at some point, one day...

I've been using a washing up non-stick scouring pad :embarrassed: Not ideal but keeps them looking pretty tidy. Just don't tell my OH :whistle:

It's the bloody starlings, hundreds of them nesting in my street. The poo is nearly knee deep in places. Well, maybe not quite but it seems like it.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4472 on: 06 May 2016, 18:05 »

:cry:  Sorry about your kerbing Watts, always a heart sinking moment, but if it had to happen, at least it's the one that was already damaged.  Still gutting though.

Please buy some metal polish and stop using your mrs' pan scrubber. You must be scratching your pipes to pieces?

I was examining the damage mine sustained last week, where someone caught the rear bumper and scraped the lower wheel arch crease and paint.  Closer examination has revealed a tiny dent right on the low down edge of the bumper where it ends and becomes the wheel arch.  And it's looking less likely that some of the scrape will polish out.  Might need paint.   Grrrr.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4473 on: 06 May 2016, 18:41 »
I use a non-stick one that has seen plenty of action already with plenty of Ecover - they come up a treat! The pads don't scratch my cutlery.... I will get some metal polish soon, just being frugal.

Shame about the dent, smart repair? My wheel is not too bad, it doesn't worry me just annoyed at myself. It was a narrow single track with high kerbs and a very tight turn, I just knew it was going to happen!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4474 on: 06 May 2016, 21:29 »

I've been using a washing up non-stick scouring pad :embarrassed: Not ideal but keeps them looking pretty tidy. Just don't tell my OH :whistle:

It's the bloody starlings, hundreds of them nesting in my street. The poo is nearly knee deep in places. Well, maybe not quite but it seems like it.
Thanks for the top tip! I'll see what I can find in the kitchen along similar lines at the weekend. Something to get the detailers to go a very pale shade...

Have you considered an exchange trip with some French farmers for your neighbourhood? Legend has it they'll shoot anything out of the sky so long as it's not incoming Luftwaffe.

disclaimer: any national stereotyping is purely accidental
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4475 on: 06 May 2016, 21:50 »
Quote from: Watts link=topic=H.msg2539755#msg2539755 date=1462556476
Shame about the dent, smart repair?

Probably.  At this rate the whole car will need smart repairing soon enough.  Maybe I'll just take a pan scrubber to my pipes and have done with it.  :grin: 

Sorry, only joking!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4476 on: 07 May 2016, 10:56 »

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4477 on: 07 May 2016, 10:59 »

Red centre caps from the Clubsport??  :cool:

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4478 on: 07 May 2016, 11:11 »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4479 on: 07 May 2016, 12:28 »
^^^^ and spacers  :smiley:

How much are the CS caps?

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner