Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2789780 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1850 on: 15 March 2015, 22:15 »
What i've done today is realise that my tyres are going to be barely legal in 7 or 8 weeks time when my BW16 R will likely turn up. Right now I have 0.5mm left on the backs and 1mm left on the fronts (above the markers) - that's cutting it fine!

Surprisingly, they don't feel any more slippery now than they did when new.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1851 on: 16 March 2015, 16:50 »
What i've done today is realise that my tyres are going to be barely legal in 7 or 8 weeks time when my BW16 R will likely turn up. Right now I have 0.5mm left on the backs and 1mm left on the fronts (above the markers) - that's cutting it fine!

Surprisingly, they don't feel any more slippery now than they did when new.

I was in a pretty much same state before trading in my mk6 GTD before I collected the R. If it was a new R I was waiting for I would have had to have bought new tyres, cam belt, water pump, MOT, discs and pads all round, service and anything else (also left it with 0 miles on the clock for fuel - never seen it go so far). Saved myself money and bought an R (yeah right)  :rolleyes:
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1852 on: 18 March 2015, 19:15 »
Insured my tuning box (DTUK non-trevor) for an extra £5 a month. Bargain!

This box absolutely transforms the car, took it off today for the car having a service and can't believe how slow it feels.

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1853 on: 18 March 2015, 19:21 »
Insured my tuning box (DTUK non-trevor) for an extra £5 a month. Bargain!

This box absolutely transforms the car, took it off today for the car having a service and can't believe how slow it feels.

Couldnt agree more....they are a great addition.
Id recommend the pedal box DTUK sell aswell......The pedal box by itself transforms the car for general driving and the tuning box give you the mid to high rpm improvements.

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1854 on: 19 March 2015, 17:00 »
Had a new front screen fitted today by Autoglass, the screen was fitted while I was at work ,so never got the chance to inspect the work until I got home,but while having good look over it there seems to be a bit  of seal missing at the bottom on both sides,but without looking at a other car I can't be sure if that is the way it should be,also if it rains will the water get inside the cabin or drain under the bonnet.

Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline pjr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1855 on: 19 March 2015, 17:38 »
Had a new front screen fitted today by Autoglass, the screen was fitted while I was at work ,so never got the chance to inspect the work until I got home,but while having good look over it there seems to be a bit  of seal missing at the bottom on both sides,but without looking at a other car I can't be sure if that is the way it should be,also if it rains will the water get inside the cabin or drain under the bonnet

Mine looks pretty similar, and I've never had the screen replaced - only difference on mine is that the rubber seal along the bottom of the glass is up to the end of the notch in the bottom plastic trim (if that makes sense). There is still a gap at the very corner, so presumably any water will drain out someplace and not enter the car.
Tornado Red Golf GTI 5 Door (220PS) - Discover Nav, Winter Pack, Mudflaps & Service Plan (Built BW11 & collected 5th April 2014)

Spritmonitor Fuel Economy :

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1856 on: 19 March 2015, 19:03 »
Thank you pjr, I nearly called them to complain.i would have thought the rubber seal went the whole way along the bottom& up the ridge,hay ho every day's a school day.
Mk7 golf R DBP

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1857 on: 19 March 2015, 19:44 »
Original windscreen

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1858 on: 19 March 2015, 20:08 »
The oem screen definitely has better fit & finish, it's something I'll have to live with.As long as it doesn't  leak that was my main concern.
Mk7 golf R DBP

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1859 on: 20 March 2015, 07:55 »
Updated the maps on my Discover Pro to the latest set (Nov 14). 17gb's worth - Good job I had some spare large capacity SD cards  :grin:

Took over 2½ hours to copy over to the internal HDD, but happy to report everything went very smoothly and all still working (no doubt just in time for next update in a few weeks  :grin:)

On a side note, in my wife's Polo Blue GT, I when she got it, I retro fitted the RNS-510 from my old Scirocco (which was originally in my MK5 GT 2.0 TDi). She asked me last night if there were any maps for her as they are quite old. I've been out of the RNS-510 scene for a good while now and don't know what's available ?

The RNS-510 is quite an old unit though (pre LED screen) and reports itself as a 1T0 035 680C with firmware 1300 HW-Version H02. Anyone know if 2014/2015 maps are available for this (sorry it's off topic).
« Last Edit: 20 March 2015, 08:03 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras