Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322396 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2080 on: 27 August 2013, 16:40 »
Whether this happens or not I don't know, I'm just relieved the car is being built.  As an aside, this has also made my mind up to stick with the GTI instead of switching to the M135i - I've waited this long so I'm going to stick it out.

I think I'm going to stop with the negativity now and go back to being excited about getting my car - that's much more fun!  :laugh:

Great news mate, and it's so much more satisfying to know you have put up and waited it out. At the end of the day, you can choose to be negative about things, or be positive and look forward to it!  Every time I see a BMW 1 series on the road now, it makes me chuckle childishly! :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2081 on: 27 August 2013, 16:41 »
Ok, so an update for those still waiting on their cars.  According to the VW Executive Office, the factory is running 2 weeks behind.  Yes, we'd all guessed this but this is as close to official confirmation as we (as customers) are going to get.  The delay is due to an 'oversight' by the factory whereby they overestimated the number of cars they were going to produce prior to the factory shutdown :rolleyes:, and as such they are working through a backlog.  I would imagine any of you who have BW33 to BW39 will be affected, but that's just me speculating.  He also told me that the factory have only officially let VW UK know about these delays today, so according to him VW UK have been in the dark over this issue until today.  :whistle:

In terms of my own car, I've been assured it went into build yesterday - so it will be built by the end of this week.  They are going to try and get my car onto the first available boat from Monday/Tuesday next week ie. prioritise the shipping.  Whether this happens or not I don't know, I'm just relieved the car is being built.  As an aside, this has also made my mind up to stick with the GTI instead of switching to the M135i - I've waited this long so I'm going to stick it out.

I think I'm going to stop with the negativity now and go back to being excited about getting my car - that's much more fun!  :laugh:

The problem with this is that other people with Build week 33 had their builds go through normally as planned, when yours didn't. I call bullsh!t from VW UK.

Shhhh AAddict, I'm trying to ignore this fact!  :laugh:

Yes Bear, you would have been BW39 instead of BW37 so you will now receive your beemer well in advance of when you would have received the GTI - good decision!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2082 on: 27 August 2013, 16:43 »
Great news mate, and it's so much more satisfying to know you have put up and waited it out. At the end of the day, you can choose to be negative about things, or be positive and look forward to it!

I'm a very positive person anyways, but this palava has made me a right moany old (unt - so I'm going to go back to being excited!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #2083 on: 27 August 2013, 16:45 »
I'm a very positive person anyways, but this palava has made me a right moany old (unt - so I'm going to go back to being excited!  :laugh:

Haha, I had my moments even though it went through in week 32, but the drought will soon be over!  09:30 on Sunday morning can't come around soon enough :grin:

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2084 on: 27 August 2013, 16:46 »

Haha, I had my moments even though it went through in week 32, but the drought will soon be over!  09:30 on Sunday morning can't come around soon enough :grin:

Too right, bet you can't wait!  I look forward to the pics!!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #2085 on: 27 August 2013, 16:49 »

The problem with this is that other people with Build week 33 had their builds go through normally as planned, when yours didn't. I call bullsh!t from VW UK.

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2086 on: 27 August 2013, 16:51 »

I knew you would come back with a gif  :grin: :grin:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #2087 on: 27 August 2013, 16:55 »

This day already feels like it has lasted a week!  Will take plenty of snaps to feed the hunger, even if it is just another white 5 door! :)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2088 on: 27 August 2013, 16:56 »

This day already feels like it has lasted a week!  Will take plenty of snaps to feed the hunger, even if it is just another white 5 door! :)

All snaps are good, takes our minds off the fact we haven't got ours yet!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #2089 on: 27 August 2013, 16:57 »

I knew you would come back with a gif  :grin: :grin:

I'm nothing if not predictable

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.