Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322449 times)

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2070 on: 25 August 2013, 18:49 »
Just as I was thinking of cancelling my order, it has finally gone into build.  I guess it will be late September before I receive it, status only changed today, I think.  :grin:

Hopefully this is genuine mate and not the auto roll into build in progress that happens the sunday that dtarts the week after your build week....
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2071 on: 25 August 2013, 18:59 »
Oh, didn't realise that is what happens - guess it probably is then, because it is exactly a week after my build week.  :sick:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2072 on: 27 August 2013, 16:05 »
Ok, so an update for those still waiting on their cars.  According to the VW Executive Office, the factory is running 2 weeks behind.  Yes, we'd all guessed this but this is as close to official confirmation as we (as customers) are going to get.  The delay is due to an 'oversight' by the factory whereby they overestimated the number of cars they were going to produce prior to the factory shutdown :rolleyes:, and as such they are working through a backlog.  I would imagine any of you who have BW33 to BW39 will be affected, but that's just me speculating.  He also told me that the factory have only officially let VW UK know about these delays today, so according to him VW UK have been in the dark over this issue until today.  :whistle:

In terms of my own car, I've been assured it went into build yesterday - so it will be built by the end of this week.  They are going to try and get my car onto the first available boat from Monday/Tuesday next week ie. prioritise the shipping.  Whether this happens or not I don't know, I'm just relieved the car is being built.  As an aside, this has also made my mind up to stick with the GTI instead of switching to the M135i - I've waited this long so I'm going to stick it out.

I think I'm going to stop with the negativity now and go back to being excited about getting my car - that's much more fun!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2073 on: 27 August 2013, 16:12 »
Congrats on deciding Match.  Feels good to settle on one of the two don't it?

Poor old Terry is going to have to look for another buyer for his black M135i... :grin:  Aren't you getting a 120i or something for the wife, or am I misremembering?  Probably better for you to have a VW and a BMW rather than two similar cars!

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2074 on: 27 August 2013, 16:19 »
I wonder is this going to be an 'official' line now that will be rolled out to anyone who calls for an update now Matchboy? My BW 36 looks like it isn't going to actually going to be BW 36!!  :cry:

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2075 on: 27 August 2013, 16:22 »
Congrats on deciding Match.  Feels good to settle on one of the two don't it?

Poor old Terry is going to have to look for another buyer for his black M135i... :grin:  Aren't you getting a 120i or something for the wife, or am I misremembering?  Probably better for you to have a VW and a BMW rather than two similar cars!

:grin: Yes, they are going to have to find someone else!  To be fair I never reserved it anyway, but its been sitting there for a good month or so, so defo a deal to be had for someone (I was offered 16.5% but wouldn't have taken less than 18%).

Yes, it feels good to decide.  Having had 7 GTI's between me and the wife, I am a massive fan so it would have been a shame to miss out on the mk 7.  Also, like you say, she can get the 1 series now (120d xdrive)  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2076 on: 27 August 2013, 16:23 »
I wonder is this going to be an 'official' line now that will be rolled out to anyone who calls for an update now Matchboy? My BW 36 looks like it isn't going to actually going to be BW 36!!  :cry:

I would imagine so, yes.  Well I was BW33 & its getting built in BW35 - so you may be lucky or you may be looking at BW38  :sad:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2077 on: 27 August 2013, 16:24 »
Ok, so an update for those still waiting on their cars.  According to the VW Executive Office, the factory is running 2 weeks behind.  Yes, we'd all guessed this but this is as close to official confirmation as we (as customers) are going to get.  The delay is due to an 'oversight' by the factory whereby they overestimated the number of cars they were going to produce prior to the factory shutdown :rolleyes:, and as such they are working through a backlog.  I would imagine any of you who have BW33 to BW39 will be affected, but that's just me speculating.  He also told me that the factory have only officially let VW UK know about these delays today, so according to him VW UK have been in the dark over this issue until today.  :whistle:

In terms of my own car, I've been assured it went into build yesterday - so it will be built by the end of this week.  They are going to try and get my car onto the first available boat from Monday/Tuesday next week ie. prioritise the shipping.  Whether this happens or not I don't know, I'm just relieved the car is being built.  As an aside, this has also made my mind up to stick with the GTI instead of switching to the M135i - I've waited this long so I'm going to stick it out.

I think I'm going to stop with the negativity now and go back to being excited about getting my car - that's much more fun!  :laugh:

Sounds very positive  :smiley:  hope mine will be in build this week to then  :smiley:
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2078 on: 27 August 2013, 16:33 »
Its still crazy they can't get the information.  Last friday (6pm) Lisa from VW exec was asking me to continue to wait until BW37 to "see" if my car would get built on its confirmed BW or not.  She was "sure" it would, but the best evidence offered was that another unamed customer that was BW33 had entered built at the start of BW34.  Hardly reassuring.

So on the one hand it is a positive step that an actual (believable) reason has been provided for the delay, yet on the other hand in my personal case this just underscores my decision to cancel.  If what was my car is going to end up delayed from BW37 to BW39 then I will be taking delivery of the car I have now ordered before the GTI even starts build.  I'm simply amazed at the difference between the two factories in question.

I suppose that part of this might be due to VW being one of the big producers, while BMW is a small company which as a result is maybe more flexible... but really it doesn't ring true.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #2079 on: 27 August 2013, 16:34 »

The problem with this is that other people with Build week 33 had their builds go through normally as planned, when yours didn't. I call bullsh!t from VW UK.
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.