Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322539 times)

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2030 on: 22 August 2013, 17:58 »
This is a pretty impressive screw up by VW. Think the constant BS is making it worse tbh, why not just be honest?

Is it possible that if they admitted to it, they'd be liable to compensate everybody for missed build weeks etc?

I don't buy the whole, shutdown is affecting things like it was unplanned. Why is it the team that do the order confirming did the whole confirming some people like me 7 weeks before my "Build week 33" to compensate for the 3 week shut down.

Good luck getting your car bear. God knows when those who are planning to stick it out will get theirs, me included.
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline Thornster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2031 on: 22 August 2013, 18:26 »
[I've had it and I'm cancelling.  Just need to decide which BMW deal to take and then call VW to get my deposit returned.  BMW say they can modify an existing M135i order and hope to have my in the car by end of September (as it will improve quarterly figures) but even if that plan fails I'll drive away by mid October.  VW are talking mid October as what I see as their best highly optimistic guess! (and that is after already more than 4 months of waiting as you all know).

The GTI dream is over but I don't think I'll regret it in the least! :angry:

Bill

I like many have followed your journey for months.

I think I actually feel a bit sad. :cry:

If you do cancel and go for the M135i I'm sure you'll love it, and If I'd been treated in the same way I'd be cancelling and doing exactly the same (well maybe for an S3 :wink:).
Oct 2013: GTI, DSG, 3 Door, Carbon Grey, DynAudio, Winter Pack, Discovery Navigation and Keyless Start
Jan 2018: Arteon R-Line, Atlantic Blue
Jan 2021: tbc!

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2032 on: 22 August 2013, 18:38 »
That's a real shame if you have to cancel :(

What about those 61 (I think it was?) GTI's that people said dealers had in stock? any of those suit your spec?

:(
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #2033 on: 22 August 2013, 20:34 »
My GTD has had an unconfirmed BW of 38 since I last checked over a month ago - dealer has never given me a BW (unconfirmed) even though I've asked a couple of time - had to call VW.

If I don't get an update on the tracker over the weekend I'll have to give them a call on Monday to see if its a wk51 now (38's should in theory change this weekend if my maths is right and not taking into consideration the latest balls up with the wk32/33'ers)

I'm thinking I'll be back to wk51 - if so I'm fuming.

Would also change to a GTI if it meant I would get it sooner.

Ordered mid-May so not as bad as others!

I'm in the same boat - ordered beginning of May (2013),  been on a constant unconfirmed BW38.  With all the talk of BW51 last week I contacted my dealer for an update.  He on hols but his stand in told me there is no date down at all for it anymore.  Hoping to find out more when he's back next week.

Would be awesome if it went confirmed tomorrow but looking highly unlikely  :sad:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Hobojim

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2034 on: 22 August 2013, 21:43 »
Just been knocked back from BW35 to BW38.

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2035 on: 22 August 2013, 22:39 »
Just been knocked back from BW35 to BW38.

So were you confirmed at 35 jim and they moved the confirmed week to 38 now?
Collected 10/09/2013: Mk 7 Golf GTI. 3 Door Manual. Tornado Red. Performance Pack. Adaptive Chassis. Winter Pack. Life Shine Protection.

Offline Hobojim

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2036 on: 22 August 2013, 23:43 »
Sorry, estimated 35, when it was over due to be confirmed I phoned up and they said it was BW 38 unconfirmed.

Offline ChrisJL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2037 on: 22 August 2013, 23:56 »
 Sorry I understand now.
Hopefully you get some good confirmed news tomorrow with any luck!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2038 on: 23 August 2013, 11:22 »
My dealer just called.  Said he's been given the same BS line about the factory shutdown causing delays.  He agreed that that is BS as the shutdown happens every year and is planned!  He sounded pretty f7cked off to be honest as they are making his job as a retailer a nightmare.

Another day and yet another delay from VW  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2039 on: 23 August 2013, 11:36 »
My dealer just called.  Said he's been given the same BS line about the factory shutdown causing delays.  He agreed that that is BS as the shutdown happens every year and is planned!  He sounded pretty f7cked off to be honest as they are making his job as a retailer a nightmare.

Another day and yet another delay from VW  :rolleyes:

The fact they are saying this as their current excuse when everyone knows its rubbish leads me to the following conclusion:

VWUK do not know what the problem is and their strategy from the very beginning has been "fob the customers off with excuses, the cars will come soon and all this will go away."  The problem with this plan is it only works if the cars do indeed come soon.  They have not.

So they are now left with having to continue to BS us with excuses as per this plan even though they know now that no one believes any of it, or admit that they don't really know what is going on, and if they admit that we'll be doubly pissed because it proves they've essentially been lying (or at least misleading) us from the start in the hope that the problem will be resolved soon.

I mean, this happens all the time.  I've worked in places where you regularly have to (or rather choose to) give a customer (a business) some excuse line just to secure enough time to correct a mistake you don't want to admit happened, so its nothing new or special about VW.  However, by choosing to do it this way they've run the risk and it has backfired on them.  You should only ever go down the BS excuse route if you are damn certain you can fix the problem before people lose patience and if you accept the damage caused will be less than the damage caused if you admit to whatever dumb mistake you made in the first place.  Honestly I wouldn't do business like this but I've worked in places that do do it.

What they should have done is levelled with us from the very start.  "We're sorry, we underestimated lead times." OR "This is the exact problem we have." OR "We can't actually give estimates, it might be some time."  Just give us the TRUTH.

Now quite why VWUK know f**k all is a different question.  I suspect it is because VW Germany have some problems causing chaos and they don't give a damn about updating anyone like VWUK on progress to resolve.  Doubly so because as I alluded to earlier they have a superiority complex and think of the UK as some mangy dog that should be glad to receive the scraps... ergo VWUK is completely ignored and stonewalled (an effect they then pass on to us).

Water under the bridge now of course.  I will be laying out in detail all the mistakes VW have made in my letter to Mr Thomas however. :wink:
« Last Edit: 23 August 2013, 11:38 by Bill_the_Bear »